Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just installed my rear shock relocation kit " inboard " as you call it and before I order my exhaust system I was wondering can a full 3 inch exhaust system fit with shocks inboard like that? I was planning on running the exhaust the same way as the stock exhaust was " side exit " and over the rear, any pics would be greatly appreciated and very helpful. :yes: if I cant then I guess dumps would be the next step:confused:

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You have got to be kiddin me, 25 views and nobody has installed a 3 inch full exhaust on there 3rd gen with the rear shocks relocated?:eek:

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
I don't have inboard shocks
I don't think it will be a issue.
I have 3 inch system.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Big Al , from the pic you have it looks like the exhaust should clear
I have to double check how close to the pumpkin the shocks are and then check where the exhaust bends over the rear .

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You are THE MAN fasteddie:yes: thanks for the pics and the info. My worst nightmare is to purchase something and then having to return it because it doesnt pan out for one reason or another. I see your relocate kit was bolt in also, mine is as well and I also plan on welding the plates. :D

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
You are THE MAN fasteddie:yes: thanks for the pics and the info. My worst nightmare is to purchase something and then having to return it because it doesnt pan out for one reason or another. I see your relocate kit was bolt in also, mine is as well and I also plan on welding the plates. :D
I am going to weld mine also, it is on the list of things to do!!:D

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have a 3" exhaust all the way out the back on my 69, shocks are in the stock location no problems at all.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Your original question is one of the reasons I decided not to mini-tub my '69. I want to keep my stock fuel tank to leave the trunk open for hauling slicks, jack & took box. I also want to keep my 3" tailpipes. I haven't gone as far as trying to move the shocks inboard, but it just doesn't look like there would be enough room for inboard shocks with my Torque Tech 3" pipes and stock fuel tank.

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
I have 3 in with an X-pipe on my 66, dumps out behind rear tire. Springs were moved inboard 4 inches. Anything clears:yes:

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Your original question is one of the reasons I decided not to mini-tub my '69. I want to keep my stock fuel tank to leave the trunk open for hauling slicks, jack & took box. I also want to keep my 3" tailpipes. I haven't gone as far as trying to move the shocks inboard, but it just doesn't look like there would be enough room for inboard shocks with my Torque Tech 3" pipes and stock fuel tank.
I want the same game plan, stock suspension, stock tank, with 3-inch full exhaust.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts