Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
I dont believe this???Look at the wear on the gas pedal
I agree, also look at the carpet wear! On tunnel and around the dimmer switch!

It's a nice car, but a lie just the same!

Al

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
It's been converted to 5-lug wheels too.....kinda odd for an "original" car don't you think???

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
I got to tell ya all, I looked at these pics alot, and I don't see anything telling me it doesn't have the original milege posted. Some of you say there is wear in the pedal and carpet, but it looks like a reflection to me. I would have to say that if there was that much wear on the pedal there would be alot of scratches around the ignition switch. It looks perfect around it. Theres alot more telling me that milege is correct than not.Yes they should have noted that it has been changed to 5 lug, but to me thats a plus anyway. A hole lot better than alot of other rides I've seen for sale.

·
Premium Member
4,600 Posts
I got to tell ya all, I looked at these pics alot, and I don't see anything telling me it doesn't have the original milege posted. Some of you say there is wear in the pedal and carpet, but it looks like a reflection to me. I would have to say that if there was that much wear on the pedal there would be alot of scratches around the ignition switch. It looks perfect around it. Theres alot more telling me that milege is correct than not.Yes they should have noted that it has been changed to 5 lug, but to me thats a plus anyway. A hole lot better than alot of other rides I've seen for sale.
Yea what he said....:yes:

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Arizona is a good place to store one.
Maybe it's got "5 lug wheel adaptors":eek: ,,the original wheels are there:bored:
Keep an eye on it,,a restoration like this would cost the owner more $$ than a survivor :yes:

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
I re-read his info again and he only states that he has the "ORIGINAL FULL DISC WHEEL COVERS!". The tires are BFGoodrich, probably a radial, but he doesn't say original tires in the auction. I emailed him to ask about the 4 or 5 lug info but haven't heard back. We have no idea on his reserve but I do know now what he's asking at his lot....the link is below.

http://www.steeldreamz.com/Cars_from_1960%27s_and_1970%27s.htm

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
black and decker

a black and decker 3/8's drill thats reverseable has a magic way with those old cars to get rid of mileage

the paint missing off of the thermostat housing and valve cover ,, hmm ,, i'd say a pressure sprayer took care of that. i dunno ,, if it only had that many miles ,, its been worked on alot ,, its got in-correct hose clamps on it everywhere , original its not

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I say 103775, i had an all original 1970 4dr 230i6/pg i got at a garage sale for $300 and it said 46000 on it and if it werent for michigan weather if would look just as good. but i know it had 146000.

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
Plenty of folks nut and bolt restore a car and zero-back the odometer.
Paint looks flat around the VIN tag.

3775 miles since full resto?- I'd buy into that explaination.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Hose clamps, some paint pealing of motor parts? The cars 45 years old. Would you trust hoses and a/c lines that were that old. I'm sure the motor was power washed and paint pealed. As far as using a drill to turn back the odometer, I tried that before. It doesn't work. You would burn up severl drills before you would knock off 10,000 miles. I had a guage cluster that I was selling and tried to set odometer to 00000, burnt up a new drill before it took off a few thousand miles. If someone did a quick restore on this car I would think they would have fixed the flaking paint on the motor. Hoses look like they were probably replaced reasoning for different clamps. Just my opinion. That might not be actually milage, I don't know, but there still is nothing showing that it isn't.

·
13,961 Posts
I think the jury will remain out on this one, guys. Lots of things that point to it being an original 3775 mile car and some that don't. If it's really 103775 miles, it's had one heck of an inside/outside restoration, because it wouldn't look like this after that much use. One of the things that leads me to believe it might be original is that it doesn't have seatbelts. These were still options in 1963, but very few 100,000 mile cars didn't get dealer or aftermarket belts installed somewhere along the way. And who knows what the deal is with the 5 lugs. Maybe the beginning of a disrupted plan to upgrade? The radials on the original rims is totally explainable. Who wants to risk their life on 45 year old tires? Too bad there isn't any previous owner history to answer the mileage question.

Bob

1 - 20 of 26 Posts