1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
THAT GEAR LOOKS KINDA BEAT UP! IMO :yes:

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Used gears are shiny, they dont look shiny to me in that pic on the teeth or on the pinion shaft where the bearing sits. Moot point they wont fit an 8.5 rear from a 73 Nova...

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
I INITIALLY WENT BY WHAT I KNOW, BUT AFER RE-READING THE DESCRIPTION, IT SAYS USED! :yes:
JUS' SAYIN' :rolleyes:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Used gears are shiny, they dont look shiny to me in that pic on the teeth or on the pinion shaft where the bearing sits. Moot point they wont fit an 8.5 rear from a 73 Nova...
Thanks, that items a No.. But from 1-10 is changing the gears a hard job, I've done some motor work and starting MIG Welding

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Thanks, that items a No.. But from 1-10 is changing the gears a hard job, I've done some motor work and starting MIG Welding
Not that hard, just have to have some specialty tools and the knowledge is all. A magnetic base w/dial indicator, yoke holding tool, torque wrenches, etc..

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
Not that hard, just have to have some specialty tools and the knowledge is all. A magnetic base w/dial indicator, yoke holding tool, torque wrenches, etc..
WHAT HE SAID^^^^^

I'VE NEVER DONE IT, BUT I'VE WATCHED IT DONE AND I THINKI CAN DO IT! :yes:

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
To me the gears dont look bad at all , but it sure does look like the splines on the shaft are crooked, could be the pic , just cant tell.
WHY CHANCE IT BILL, GET A FRESH UNIT, YA KNOW! :yes:

·
4,534 Posts
Those are new never run. They have not been worn in yet. They are for a 7.5" (7-5/8") 10 bolt.

Miles

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah not gonna go for it, but have seen acouple on eBay might as well go new , sucks cuz I'm trying to do everything myself, but guess on this one I'm gonna have to go to the rear end shop, I have seen many videos and I think I can do it, but if I mess up I'll be buying a whole new one, and won't be riding for a while ($$$,process,you know)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts