1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Yeah it will fit 250's also, as long as its the older 250 and not the integral head 250. Unless you're absolutely set on that look of 3 single barrels, I would go with the 4 bbl setup. Triple the carbs, equals triple the problems IMO.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
Yeah it will fit 250's also, as long as its the older 250 and not the integral head 250. Unless you're absolutely set on that look of 3 single barrels, I would go with the 4 bbl setup. Triple the carbs, equals triple the problems IMO.
X2 and finding three good carbs could be a challenge.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Just select carbs which are large enough to run the 250 solo.. and put blocker plates under two of them. Then you got the triple carb look with a single carb maintenance.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the dummy carbs are a good idea. even with that i wouyld need a linkage setup does any one know where i can find one or do i have to try to build one.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Well I have never run 3 carbs on a straight six, but my bike has 4 cylinders and 4 carbs and man is it a pain in the a. They have to be vacuum balanced tune and cleaned all the time. Then synched. If they are anything like that, walk away unless your dead set one it. just not worth the effort IMO.

·
Registered
566 Posts
If you do the two dummy carbs deal, then yeah, just fab up a linkage. Ain't gotta work, just has to look good right? As long as it moves the linkages on the dummies, you are good to go.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I run 3 450's On my 250 and didn't have a any issue balanceing it out. So your 3x1 shouldn't be that hard.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
twisted is there an off the shelf linkage that you know of that would work on that setup?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I build my own stuff and I have had others send me their set-ups and Built linkage for them. But It's not really all that had to do.
AND That is a Starting BID for the Email set-up. at 300.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I plan on running 3 monojets on my 6, so when the time comes, I'll tackle that. Until then, like Larry said, it shouldn't be too hard. It's just getting the outboards to come in at the right time - kinda like a big spread out mechanical 4-barrel.

It should just take some adjustments and a bit of tinkering.

Best of luck, and I'll definitely eb watching this thread.

-Sam.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts