Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 72 nova and want to upgrade to a posi. I found a 10 bolt posi rear for a 65-67 nova with posi (Code BF) fairly inexpensive.

Looking at the carnut and novaresource website, it looks like the rear is 2.5" narrower than a 3rd gen which will give room for more tire but the perches would have to be relocated (which I can do, no big deal).

Anybody done this?

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
it's probably an Auburn posi which to my knowledge isn't rebuildable... so when it's worn out it's basically junk.

i don't know if i've assisted or not... i know i didn't answer your question...

·
Registered
670 Posts
I have a 72 nova and want to upgrade to a posi. I found a 10 bolt posi rear for a 65-67 nova with posi (Code BF) fairly inexpensive.

Looking at the carnut and novaresource website, it looks like the rear is 2.5" narrower than a 3rd gen which will give room for more tire but the perches would have to be relocated (which I can do, no big deal).

Anybody done this?
http://www.novaresource.org/axle.htm

From this it says that the 2nd gen rear while overall is narrower, the perch center on center is actually outward 3/4" in total.

Also it doesnt really leave foom for more tire. just require the use of 1 1/4" spacers to keep your wheels.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I just bit the bullet on a posi/gears/install set for my 8.5 from a seller on ebay staticz2229.

He sold them to me for $530 free shipping.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts