1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
Can't find a thread that specifically address restoring quarter windows for my 2nd gen. You know, rubber gaskets, rollers, etc.

Is there one out there?

Kind of like this but for quarter windows:
http://www.bthomas1967chevy2wagon.com/Home/Brent/1967ChevyII/VentWindowRebuild.aspx

I want to completely rehab the quarter windows since they are currently out of the car.

Thanks for your help!
Hey Mark, I did this one for my 63,
http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114997
it is pretty straightforward as far as replacing the glass set tape, which I got from C2Only.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did see that thread, Greg. Very nice!

I'll look at my winders closely tonight & see if the 1st gen stuff is applicable to 2nd gen.

Thanks for your response.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm unsure how to remove these nylon rollers (?) if I had to. They pivot, but should they roll?
Anybody know anything?

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
Yep , I had to change some of mine. Their is a special wrench to remove the part with the 2 holes but I made one easy. Just soak the threads first.
JR

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do the swiveling plastic pieces (on the side opposite the piece with holes in it) just snap on?

Yep , I had to change some of mine. Their is a special wrench to remove the part with the 2 holes but I made one easy. Just soak the threads first.
JR

·
Registered
929 Posts
Mark,

The plastic roller is attached to a threaded portion that extends through the glass, where the other part with the two holes screws on to it. I found that by using some PB Blaster, I could gently tap the part that moves with a punch and hammer. Once it loosened up it spins easily. Or you could fabricate a type of "bung wrench" to fit into both holes to spin it off. Hope this makes sense!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Makes perfect sense. I'll give it a shot.

Mark,

The plastic roller is attached to a threaded portion that extends through the glass, where the other part with the two holes screws on to it. I found that by using some PB Blaster, I could gently tap the part that moves with a punch and hammer. Once it loosened up it spins easily. Or you could fabricate a type of "bung wrench" to fit into both holes to spin it off. Hope this makes sense!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts