Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are the driver's and passenger's side interior kick panels removed on a 2nd gen? Looks to me like there is one trim screw at the top in the door jam, and then the panel is "pressed" in to place. Is this correct? I'd really rather not risk breaking the brittle stock plastic while trying to guess the right method of removal.

Thanks.

·
Registered
847 Posts
that is pretty much how it is, it's difficult putting it back on too. I've ruined the paint on them trying to install them, i am not looking forward to installing mine.:D just take your time with them.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Just pulled mine too

there is sealant holding it in there. It almost pulls straight out from the side, just pull a little at a time. Some heat may help

·
Registered
491 Posts
There are 4 screws inside the vents on each side. Pop the vent grills out and you will see them. As well as the screw in the door jam.

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Heads up, you're not going to get the passenger side kick panel out without removing the heater box! Looked like too much work to me, so I just masked everything off and painted it in place.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are 4 screws inside the vents on each side. Pop the vent grills out and you will see them. As well as the screw in the door jam.
What's the best way to pop the vent grille out? Is it retained by clips or simply a press-fit?

Heads up, you're not going to get the passenger side kick panel out without removing the heater box! Looked like too much work to me, so I just masked everything off and painted it in place.
I don't plan on re-painting the kick panels - want to keep the old original paint on them - but do need to pull the carpet. I was planning on also pulling the heater out for a different reason, but it's good to know it has to come out first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts