Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Bill,

If I can remember I'll take some measurements tonight. I've got a pair sittign in the garage that should be easy to measure.

·
Premium Member
4,578 Posts
Bill,

Besides the tracks, foam, and upholstery:

There is absolutely NO difference in a 66 Nova seat and a 66 GTO, El Camino, Chevelle, Cutlass, LeMans, etc (NOT Camaro), and there is no difference between a 67 Nova seat and a 67 GTO, El Camino, Chevelle, Cutlass, LeMans, etc (NOT Camaro).

The seats were the same for all the cars in the same year. 66 were the same (metal backs, no release button). 67 were all the same (metal backs, side button) 68 were the same (plastic backs, side release button), 69-71 and some 72 (plastic backs, release button in center of back).

Tracks were pretty much car specific.

So basically, DO NOT worry if you are trying to tell if a seat came from a 66 Nova or a 66 GTO (for example). They were all the same. Lets say you found a 66 seat from a different car.....let's say a Chevelle. Just use the 66 Nova foam and upholstery, and its fine. Just make sure you find the Nova specific tracks.

·
Premium Member
6,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bill,

Besides the tracks, foam, and upholstery:

There is absolutely NO difference in a 66 Nova seat and a 66 GTO, El Camino, Chevelle, Cutlass, LeMans, etc (NOT Camaro), and there is no difference between a 67 Nova seat and a 67 GTO, El Camino, Chevelle, Cutlass, LeMans, etc (NOT Camaro).

The seats were the same for all the cars in the same year. 66 were the same (metal backs, no release button). 67 were all the same (metal backs, side button) 68 were the same (plastic backs, side release button), 69-71 and some 72 (plastic backs, release button in center of back).

Tracks were pretty much car specific.

So basically, DO NOT worry if you are trying to tell if a seat came from a 66 Nova or a 66 GTO (for example). They were all the same. Lets say you found a 66 seat from a different car.....let's say a Chevelle. Just use the 66 Nova foam and upholstery, and its fine. Just make sure you find the Nova specific tracks.
I was pretty sure that was the case but, i'm needing the measurements for a potential future project.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts