Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
I was wondering will they rub.A FRIEND OF MINE IS GIVING ME A SET OF 29/10.5 SLICKS . BUT NOT SURE IF THEY WILL RUB.
Depends on the back spacing of the Wheel, I have a narrowed Diff housing and 4 1/2 back spacing and mine rub with out a 3/8's spacer

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
I tried a 29.5 on my 64 and they won't fit. Mine is mini tubed with the stock wheel wells. I can put a 14 inch wide but only 28 tall. You have to move the wheel well back and exstent the weel opening to make it fit and look right. You can tube it and put them inside. Well good luck on your project.

·
Registered
71 Posts
DO NOT GUESS! Every car is different. Percy's Wheelrite is like $80.00 and is available from Jegs, Summit and every other speed shop around the nation.

·
Registered
75 Posts
i got a 65 nova that is getting a mini tube.but need to know will a 29/10.5 tire rub.
I'm not sure what is different on a 65 but I mini-tubbed my 66 to the frame rail the first time and a 28x10.5 slick on a 10" wheel with a 5" Back space fit fine side to side. It would rub when I got into third gear going down the track, so I couldn't try a 29" tall tire.The wheel well was too small to the front to accommodate for the tire growing.

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
I did a 2" mini tub and moved the rear framerails in and added a C/E rear frame rail kit and moved it in 2" also. Also moved the rear back 1" so I wouldn't have to cut the front of the well. I have a 295/65-15 MT drag radial on a 8" rim and a 4.5" backspace. Moser 9" and axles. I can slide my hand between the fender and the tire. And the tire almost is 11" at the tread and 29.8" tall. I set it up for a 9x30 slick, and with the setup tires on, I have a ton of room between the fender and tire. I also had a 10x30 GY slick sor setup purposes and it fit as well. But I really like the look of a Stock elinimator car with a 9" tire. that's why I set it up that way. As far as a 10.5x29 tire, I'd have to see it for myself. Just the extra 1/2" could change the section width and screw everything up. I just happened to have some friends that had these tires laying around and I had a spare set of wheels. I used all the dimensions when I ordered the rear from Moser and it fit like a glove. Dave

·
Registered
290 Posts
THEYLL PROLLY RUB,IT DEPENDS ON HOW WIDE YOU HOUSING IS,I USED 28X10.5 ON A 8"WHEEL WITH A 5.5 BS AND THEY ARE REALLY CLOSE IAM THINKING IS IT CAZ I HAVE THE STOCK 8.2 LENGTH HOUSING,I NOTICE THE GUY IN THE COMMENT BEFORE THIS ONE SAID HE USED A 10"wheel WAS THAT A STOCK LENGTH HOUSING.

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
I used an 8" wheel with a 4.5" backspace. Also had Moser cut the rear to the correct length. Dave

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
No notching whatsoever. We moved the rear back 1" also. I have a frame in the back. No stamped framerails from the factory. 2" minitub and moved the framerails in 2". dave

·
Banned
872 Posts
tires

I dont think he wonts to go to the expence of installing frame rails to get the clearance for the side of the tires, notching the unibody would be a lo less labor envoled

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
He aid he was doing a minitub. I would think that if he's doing that, that he'd be doing some framework. Whether it would be the stock POS stamped rails that are worthless, or installing the correct ones. If he doesn't change them, and the car hooks, there goes the quarters. They'll buckle. Dave

·
Banned
872 Posts
tires

Not if u no how to notch the unibody and do it right it will be fine , I ran with 1000 HP an never had a problem an with no roll bar

·
Registered
49 Posts
we run them and 315 radials on 12 inch wheels, stock outer wheel well, mini tub inner, moved rear rail in for clearance, stock wheel base, slightly trimmed rocker at the front edge that isnt noticeable.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts