Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I run mine on 6"s to pull in the sidewall for clearance. I ran a 10.22 136 at 5800' last outing. No screws and no tubes. 7's will be fine.
Thats good to here.I have talked to a MT tech rep. awhile ago and he advised against it but have read and heard of guys getting away with it.Thanks for the reply.Anyone else have any thoughts.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Thats good to here.I have talked to a MT tech rep. awhile ago and he advised against it but have read and heard of guys getting away with it.Thanks for the reply.Anyone else have any thoughts.
The contact area of the tire is usually not complete when the wheel pulls the sidewall in. I have 14 inch tires on 13 inch wheels and it's hard to get the full width of the tire to make good contact to the track.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
I run 7's with that size tire and know of a few in the 9's with 7's and that same size tire. it does get a little scary at the big end sometimes because of extra sidewall flex...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.