1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new to the forum and questions about Engines
I have a 1965 283 the numbers are 3834810 it says 64-66
online, then the stamped number is T0923GF it says 1965
full size car. It also has a 66 327 4 bbl intake on it and heads have been redone but I don't know the codes are to see what they are from.
The question is I want to put it into the 63 nova
and I have read alot about it in the site but will the oil filter work with a
powerglide and headers? I quess what I'm asking is it worth useing or should
I try and find a nova block. I know about the recessed oil filter and changing the oil pan but I don't want to relocate the filter.
Thanks for your info I love this site.
Rich B

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
You should be fine with the oil filter as long as you are running the automatic.
Hope you enjoy the car. Not sure what type of headers you have so I can't say if that would cause any interference.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responce I did not get into all the details because it would be a very long post.
The engine has no carb,distributor or manifolds so I would buy the
headers that everyone here suggests.
As for the carb what do you think would be the best since it is a 66
spread bore, the engine is stock.
My car is in the last stages of putting on quarters and will be ready for paint, so I figure I can start hunting for some of the parts to do the swap.
I drove the car with the 194 6 cyl for two years it still runs but I have the gas tank out for welding.
thanks rich b

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Thanks for the responce I did not get into all the details because it would be a very long post.
The engine has no carb,distributor or manifolds so I would buy the
headers that everyone here suggests.
As for the carb what do you think would be the best since it is a 66
spread bore, the engine is stock.
My car is in the last stages of putting on quarters and will be ready for paint, so I figure I can start hunting for some of the parts to do the swap.
I drove the car with the 194 6 cyl for two years it still runs but I have the gas tank out for welding.
thanks rich b
really depends on what your plans are for the car. If you want to keep it stock, run th stock quadrajet. they're good carbs. Nothing wrong with stock exhaust manifolds and distributer either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts