Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well I have my engine built and going from a 250 w/glide to a 350 w/th350 short shaft. I have the new mounts for the block and got a new trans poly mount. but do I need anything for the frame mount? and will the drivehshaft be ok?

·
Registered
135 Posts
i just did a similar swap. i bought new frame mounts. i put the original tranny back in, so i cant help you there.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
You need new frame stands thats about it.

·
Registered
663 Posts
When I did my 72 6+glid to sbc + T350 I had no problem reusing the 6 stands and driveshaft.Good luck with the swap.

·
Registered
329 Posts
changing the front spring would be good too.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Don't worry about changing the springs unless you need to anyway. The small block doesn't weigh that much more, and some of the 6 cyl spring rates were actually stiffer than some of the V8 springs.I would wait until your swap is done and see what your height/handling and ride quality is.

From memory BBC 675 LBS
SBC 550
I6 450

·
Registered
90 Posts
Well, i once did that swap of 6L to V8 and had to change coil springs, that´s why i put that comment.

just my 2 cents.

Regards.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
my car sat high with the stock 6 cylinder springs after putting my small block in. cut 1 1/4 coil out. i also like my car to sit low though. you should put a stick in it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts