Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled the 230 from my 66 moredoor this spring. It was running strong but had oil issues...I'm in the prossess of taring it down now....I don't know if the exhaust valve is bad in the #6 cyl or not. could be the rings....but I plan on taking care of that issue..I'll put new rings in it..Clean it and have the valves done if I have too, to try to resell it..It has about 177000 miles on it but I'm not sure..It might have 77000..hard to tell...all I know is that it ran good...Like I said..I'm going to clean it up and put new rings in it. It's set up for manual trans, and smog. If you didn't want smog..You'd have to get diff manifolds, or whatever else to make it non smog.( Ca, Car)..........What's it worth after ???..Just something in the ballpark....

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
230 inline 6 ?

Ok...I posted this in the ( What's It Worth ) section but no reply's..I'm hoping someone can give me their thoughts...........

I pulled the 230 from my 66 moredoor this spring. It was running strong but had oil issues...I'm in the prossess of taring it down now....I don't know if the exhaust valve is bad in the #6 cyl or not. could be the rings....but I plan on taking care of that issue..I'll put new rings in it..Clean it and have the valves done if I have too, to try to resell it..It has about 177000 miles on it but I'm not sure..It might have 77000..hard to tell...all I know is that it ran good...Like I said..I'm going to clean it up and put new rings in it. It's set up for manual trans (pivot ball ), and smog. If you didn't want smog..You'd have to get diff manifolds, or whatever else to make it non smog.( Ca, Car)..........What's it worth after ???..Just something in the ballpark....

·
Premium Member
3,819 Posts
Your time/efforts/expendatures may exceed its value.

There is virtually no demand for the L6 in my area.

I sold my L6 230 c.i. with 27K for $300.00.

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your time/efforts/expendatures may exceed its value.

There is virtually no demand for the L6 in my area.

I sold my L6 230 c.i. with 27K for $300.00.
Jeezzz..........Damn near a giveaway...Might be better to part it out...Thanks

·
Super Moderator
67 4 door, 65 wagon (in pieces)
6,637 Posts
Unless you hit the "lottery" and find someone doing a restoration and needs a block with your codes, you're probably not going to get much if anything for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts