Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bigger rear?

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up what I thought was a 2007 5.3 (fly wheel even had 5.3 on it) for $450. It came with ecu and wiring. Unfortunately in all my excitement I didn't check the engine stamp... So I have a low mileage vvt engine and don't know which direction to go....
Swap is for a '73 (cloning into 70) I have no tranny or pedals and would like advice on dbc or dbw.... I am open but have heard dbw may not allow burnouts (possibly a good thing lol).
I wanted a turbo daily driver (if that even makes sense) so please assist where you can.... This is my 1st swap and I need a list of parts, vendors and (for pinouts) mechanics... Budget is small and I'm somewhat mechanically inclined. Thanks in advance for the help and the heckling.

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
I picked up what I thought was a 2007 5.3 (fly wheel even had 5.3 on it) for $450. It came with ecu and wiring. Unfortunately in all my excitement I didn't check the engine stamp... So I have a low mileage vvt engine and don't know which direction to go....
Swap is for a '73 (cloning into 70) I have no tranny or pedals and would like advice on dbc or dbw.... I am open but have heard dbw may not allow burnouts (possibly a good thing lol).
I wanted a turbo daily driver (if that even makes sense) so please assist where you can.... This is my 1st swap and I need a list of parts, vendors and (for pinouts) mechanics... Budget is small and I'm somewhat mechanically inclined. Thanks in advance for the help and the heckling.
my dbw 6.2 ls3 does monster burnouts for days:yes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts