Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres some pictures I took today at Z Max Dragway, Concord NC during the 2009 Super Chevy Show.

Hope you enjoy!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Looks like some pretty nice competition! what was the turn out numbers like?
and on a side note raise your hand if you are a lil over seeing torque trust on everything with tires on it, damn you cant throw a cat and not hit a set! lol

·
Registered
689 Posts
Seemed like a low turn-out

This was the first Super Chevy show in the Charlotte area and it was hotter that blazes! Probaly kept the attendance down a bit. This was the most Novas I have seen in a show (maybe 30 novas) except for the NNN, Nova Nationals. Overall there were probably 200-250 cars in the show. All really beautiful cars too. The stands watching the drag racing were nearly empty and about the only people walking around the show were other guys with cars in the show. Overall I was a bit disapointed, however my black 65 won the stock class so I was please with that. An yes, this is the first ever show I have been to were there is another restored 65SS. Maybe you see more of them on the west coast but they are scarce around here. The guy that has the white one bought it at Autofair here in April. First time I have seen it at a show. It is a very nice original 283 auto car. I am not sure which Nova took best Nova. It was a 67 and I think the black one with blown motor; but not sure. Might have been the marina blue one too. Both were fantastic

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
I went, got to the gate Friday, Car on trailer along with the golf cart, they wanted to give me grief about the cart. I just got back in my truck and came back home.
Besides, the heat was just unbearable.

Some of the guys I know that were there said the area temp with 100% black top was over 150° Thats just crazy!!

Al

they did a poor job of advertising it anyway.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Conflicting shows?

Looks like there was a good Nova turn out even though attendance was poor. Yah, it's been pretty hot too. Not the best weather for car shows and events.
Friend of mine drove from Chicago home to Gainesville, GA yesterday. He said they pulled over for 20 minutes to watch at least a thousand corvettes driving by. They just kept coming and coming.
Other events effected attendance maybe?
Was busy anyway, but, if I didn't know about this site, http://www.cruzintotheoldies.com/Happenin.pdf
I wouldn't have even know SC was in Charlotte.
Think you're right about poor promoting.

http://home.earthlink.net/~kevdebin/oldgold/id2.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts