Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My NorCal brothers and sisters...

So as you may recall, I was recently inquiring contact info from you guys regarding a "project". So I've been in contact with a few publishing companies in effort to create a 1st Annual 2009 Nor-Cal Nova yearbook (in color). This will include: All of our events, Photos, Bio's, how-to's and tips, recommendations to body/paint shops, wheel/tire/allignment shops, etc.

I have a library of photos that I took and may be asking your permissions to use some of the ones posted on our site.

This will be a simple 15-page front/back colored book - much like the free car literature you get from car dealerships.

I'd like to know your thoughts and ideas. This will be my first, so bare with me.

-IRIE

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
Yo Jay this is a bad ***** idea bro! Let us know if you need any help!

Thanks!

-Justin

·
Registered
229 Posts
Sounds cool! I can't wait to see it...:yes::yes::yes:

Oh and have you heard about blurb??? You can make books on that...

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the recommendations guys. I may use them in the near future; however, I'm in contact with some local publishers as I would need a lot of 1:1 communication with them - as the book is going to contain a lot of detail.

I already received interest from Church Boys regarding an add in the book, and a possible how-to install section. I'll be reaching out to Walt (Classic Novas), Classic Industries, CCCPCPPC (whatever their initials are), and others to see if they would have any interest in placing an add as well. *No charge for the ad spot. If you guys can think of any other aftermarket companies... let me know.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
My company.

F.B.G. Racing.

Fat Bald Guy. LOL.

Jay I think this is a GREAT idea. Let me know if you need some help. We both live at this end of the BAY.

Bryan

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
make it happen captain.... great idea....:yes::yes::yes:!!!!!! ill say it again " WE NORCAL GUYS NEED TO BE VERY HAPPY WE HAVE GUYS LIKE THIS TO TAKE ON THIS TASK ON HIS OWN TIME "..... THANKS AGAIN!!!!

but will i get my copy or will i be left in the dark.......J/K!!!!!:devil::devil:

JOHN

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
but will i get my copy or will i be left in the dark.......J/K!!!!!:devil::devil:

JOHN
... There will be a fee. I'll take orders as soon as I get all the logistics down. I know no one will mind paying :D. Crap... I bet everytime you go with your lady to the grocery store, or even when you all stop by 7-11's... you walk out with a $5 car mag!!!! I know I do. LOL.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Irie;1119073 Crap... even when you all stop by 7-11's... you walk out with a $5 car mag!!!! I know I do. LOL. .[/QUOTE said:
no comment...... what i do on my personal time, is none of ur bussiness......... :D:D:D. let me know when u need the bread..

JOHN

·
0 Posts
... There will be a fee. I'll take orders as soon as I get all the logistics down. I know no one will mind paying :D. Crap... I bet everytime you go with your lady to the grocery store, or even when you all stop by 7-11's... you walk out with a $5 car mag!!!! I know I do. LOL.

I can't believe you would walk out with a $5 mag without paying:no:

But we dont know anything about Novas!:D
What do you know about Novas:confused: I hear you have to call Novajoe for answers:poke::poke:

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you charged something for the ad space then the cost of the yearbook would be less for us to pay. Would this be just for Nor Cal?
Whats up Duane! :cool:

Again, this is a first for me... so I'm not familiar with how the whole "ad space" works. This "yearbook" is more of a personally-put-together project for me. True, the ads can possibly lower the price for us, but what I was hoping for was... If I were to get a quote for 40 copies, and the price per copy turned out to be $20 per copy... that whoever was interested would purchase it.

If someone does know how the "ad space" works, PM me and I may consider it if it isn't too complicated.

-IRIE Jay

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I can't keep up with all the stuff you guys have going on! Your cars must all be finished, since you all keep so busy with this stuff. I'm really impressed actually, and looking forward to coming to some more functions.
My car is FAR from finished.:(

1 - 20 of 44 Posts