Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm wanting to run my first super street event in april and just sent off for my competition number. I wont get my rulebook for a few weeks and needed to make sure that im legal. (10.90 less than 135mph)

What are the requirements in regards to:

roll bar/ roll cage
Trans shield / flex plate shield /bellhousing
window net / neck collar

I think im good on everything else. The car has a roll bar in it now. Factory firewall.

Launching off a two step and line lock. Not sure if the bellhousing and trans shield are needed when not using a transbrake.

Thanks!
Chris

·
Registered
751 Posts

2800lbs, as long as you don't go over 135 mph you don't need your 9 sec lic or cage or neck collar or gloves, etc. Basically you just follow 10.00 and slower et rules unless you run 135 mph, then you have to follow 9.99 rules. you probally need a window net, unsure on that, and you will need a transshield.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
This should help heres a link to the top of the Drag Racing Forum page
http://stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115713

Window net is required when the car is required to have a cage. My car runs 10.40's (speed does not require cage) but because the person befor me cut the trans tunnel out which is totaled more than 1sq foot of Firewall and/or floor I am required to have a 10 pt and thus required to have a window net. How I know is that one track in my area made me go home because of it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Glad to see you are still around Gr8ride71. Appears the car has gotten quite a bit faster than I remember, I think you were running in the mid 11's back then.

Good luck with the racing, and I cannot believe you are still using that two step line lock launch control, if it works use it I always say.:yes:

Peace out

James Y.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the input guys. I've been digging around and found that i need a trans shield or blanket. I think im legal for everything else.

JJYoung,

I'm still going at it!:D Been a long journey from when i was logging onto here getting advice for the smurf blue small block nova running 16's in the quarter that i purchased out of excitement.

I bumped up the big block over the last two seasons. I ran in the mid 11's for a couple of seasons and then added some brodix bb2 plus heads getting me down into the high tens. Then last winter I added a roller cam and lifters and changed converters and got me down to a best 10.4 last year.

Sorry that I havent been logging on as frequently, but its nice to know that people remember me and the car.

Take care. This is going to be a good season!

·
Registered
153 Posts
I still have the video you sent me from one of your 11.68 runs when you first put the big block in. It seems like forever ago, glad to hear things are going good. Take care

James Y.

·
Registered
457 Posts
What kind of throttle stopdo you have? Ever tried it yet? Start with around a 2-1 ratio, that will get you close.

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
No window net needed unless you run a cage. Roll bar allowed if you use stock firewall and floor. Can be backhalved. If you run a fuel cell and it sticks through the trunk floor, it must be covered, and if it's actually in the trunk, must have bulkhead between drivers compartment and trunk. I'm thinking about the same thing for my 65. And make sure you have a legal helmet, and a number for the class. Along with any SFI serial numbers and expiration dates. Like for belts, balancers, flexplate, trans shields, etc. Have all your ducks in a row and you'll go right through.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts