Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004r trans built by gearstar performance to handle 800 hp, i only have a 300 hp engine in it right now, it has a 10inch 4th gear lock up converter, the oil level is between the add and middle when hot,thats where the builder wants it because it has a heavy duty cooler and doesnt get to hot, t.v. cable is adjusted with 1/8 inch play, works great exept after i go down a hill and stop at a light, then leave the light and get on it hard the trans wont shift into 2nd gear i have to let offand shift it into 3rd then the trany acts funny wont shift, i give it gas the engine revs and car doesnt move it has done this twice thats how i relized it was after a hill, i let the car sit for a few minutes and it works good again, my friend said it might need a bigger oil pan and is gettting air traped in it, i am going to call gearstar monday but was wondering what you guys thought!

·
Registered
16 Posts
"Sounds like you should be talking with your builder. Advice here can be right or not so right but the builder should be the one to talk to. He might check things out with a pressure gauge." I agree. Many things could be going on. but i think checking pressure we get you on the right track. pressure could bleed off when hot or the tranny is under a load.

goodluck

·
3,875 Posts
The oil filter/pickup on a 200 is at the front of the pan and the suction is on the top of the filter (go figure). Most builders recommend running the trany 1/2 to 1 quart over to help. If you get a deeper pan get a modified filter pickup that puts the filter at the back of the pan.

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
Yea, what he said.

Also, I adjust my TV to be piano wire tight at full throttle, or nearly so. YOu need to make sure the cable is fully extended at full throttle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts