Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally had time to uploads some new photos...
So here is my metric speedo:

It's good for Canada and Finland, but I wish I could duplicate it in MPH for my American friends!
(How rare is this speedo anyway?)

Here is a mint Alberta 78 Rally that someone didn't get to post a great pic of.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts

It's good for Canada and Finland, but I wish I could duplicate it in MPH for my American friends!

They rarely show up on eBay. IIRC, there was a Mexico Nova that was being parted out in Kansas somewhere and it had the 200 kph speedometer. That's the only other one I've seen.

The white Nova is NICE. Never cared for the RS stripes but it works good with the color, wheels and hood.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I bought one on ebay myself.

I bought one on ebay myself thinking it was one of the hi mph ones out of a cop car and it turned out to be in kph. Oh well. Was going to install it anyway just to be different then I found a guy on ebay selling a 240 MPH one that they re-silk screen the face and calibrate the gearing inside. Haven't installed it yet but when I do I will post pics of it. Still looking for one of the cop car ones just to be "original". Car looks good. You would think out of the 4 nova's I own, one of them would be a Rally but no such luck. I still need a 75 and a 76 so there is hope. :yes:

·
Registered
771 Posts

Nice!! It has the MPH on the inside of it BTW. 62 mph = 100 kph

·
Registered
71 Posts
Rare speedometer indeed.

After doing some research on the speedometers, it seems you have a Canadian version of the cop car speedo. The normal KPH speedo's only go up to 140KPH. So you indeed have a rare part there. The 120MPH cop car speedo's show up every so often on ebay and they go for silly money (over $300) just for the speedo and are equally rare. Hang on to that one you got. Its worth having something different. I will post pics of my modified speedo cluster once I get back to Florida in December.

·
Registered
15 Posts
78 Rally Nova

Hi Black_Metal. Did you originally post the pic of the white rally Nova? It is my car. I am on this site as sonomaguy, and have a few more pics in an album. I just came across this picture online by searching 78 Rally nova pics on google. My speedo is in KM on top, but only goes up to 140 I believe. Where do you live?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts