Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I WANT TO CHANGE MY REAR TIRES FROM 14" TO 15" HOW MUCH WILL IT THROW OF MY SPEEDO ?
AND SECOND IS I BOUGHT A SUMMIT FUEL PUMP AND REGULATOR, THINKING I COULD MOUNT IT UNDR THE HOOD, I WAS TO IT IS A PUSH PUMP AND IF I MOUNT IT UNDER THE HOOD IT WILL BURN UP THE PUMP ?
ANYONE HEARD OF THIS, THERE WAS NO NOTATION ON THE INFORMATION WITH THE PUMP REGUARDING WERE IT HAD TO BE LOCATED.:devil:

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
If you are talking about going from a 14" to 15" rim it depends on the tire. You can change rim size but still keep the same tire size (roughly all brands very a bit) and have no change on the speedo.

As far as I know electric pumps push fuel mech. pull. I have always installed in the rear as close to tank outlet as possible. Besides it keeps it cleaner under the hood.

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
^^^^^ What he said! Mount your pump low and as close to the tank as you can and you'll be fine.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
What are you going to do with the car in the future? If its a daily driver either will work. Mech. does take some hp not sure how much. Elelectric can be noisy. I prefer elec. I like my engine comp. clean. Oh yea I should answer your question I have never seen both being used. I dont think it would help anything and probably not good for either pump.

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
One or the other on the fuel pumps. Putting them in series will be higher pressure that could overpower the floats and flood the cab. Also the mechanical has a diaphragm and if it ever leaks its 50/50 whether it is on the ground or into the engine. You don't want an electric pushing gas into the mechanical if that ever happens.

Both pumps push gas, but the mechanical is better at self priming. Electrics do much better near the fuel source near or below the lowest level of the tank.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Push pumps are inconsistent when pulling the fuel and it will over work the pump.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quick questions

THANKS FOR ALL THE GREAT TIPS, THIS SITE AND YOU GUYS ARE THE GREATEST AND VERY INFORMED.
NOW IF WE COULD ONLLY FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET OUR COUNTRY BACK ON TOP AND GM OUT OF THE WHOLE:devil:

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
I WANT TO CHANGE MY REAR TIRES FROM 14" TO 15" HOW MUCH WILL IT THROW OF MY SPEEDO ?
AND SECOND IS I BOUGHT A SUMMIT FUEL PUMP AND REGULATOR, THINKING I COULD MOUNT IT UNDR THE HOOD, I WAS TO IT IS A PUSH PUMP AND IF I MOUNT IT UNDER THE HOOD IT WILL BURN UP THE PUMP ?
ANYONE HEARD OF THIS, THERE WAS NO NOTATION ON THE INFORMATION WITH THE PUMP REGUARDING WERE IT HAD TO BE LOCATED.:devil:
can you tell me on thing?What the heck does riding dirty mean??

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quick questions

I SURE WILL, RIDINGDIRTY IS A SONG BY A GUY NAMED CHAMILLIONARE.
HE IS A RAPPER AND THE SONG IS ABOUT GETTING CAUGHT BY THE COPS RIDINGDIRTY, IE: EITHER WITH DRUGS OR UNDER THE INFLUENCE.
THE SONG WAS PLAYING AND IT JUST BECAME THE CAR ! BECAUSE THE CAR WAS A 4 WHEEL TRASHCAN WHEN I PICKED IT UP . SO IT JUST STUCK:devil:
IAM GLAD TO SAY IT IS REALLY STARTING TO TAKE SHAPE NOW

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
I SURE WILL, RIDINGDIRTY IS A SONG BY A GUY NAMED CHAMILLIONARE.
HE IS A RAPPER AND THE SONG IS ABOUT GETTING CAUGHT BY THE COPS RIDINGDIRTY, IE: EITHER WITH DRUGS OR UNDER THE INFLUENCE.
THE SONG WAS PLAYING AND IT JUST BECAME THE CAR ! BECAUSE THE CAR WAS A 4 WHEEL TRASHCAN WHEN I PICKED IT UP . SO IT JUST STUCK:devil:
IAM GLAD TO SAY IT IS REALLY STARTING TO TAKE SHAPE NOW
Can we see some pictures?We like pictures!!There is another member who lives there in detroit....his name is steve340...he's an aircraft mechanic....He has a nice black 3rd gen....send him a pm.later bm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts