Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how exactly do you adjust a set of harland sharp 1.6 roller rocker arms

and im planning on running a 750 holley double pumper with a rpm air gap manifold..would this clear my stock hood on a 72 nova?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
how exactly do you adjust a set of harland sharp 1.6 roller rocker arms

and im planning on running a 750 holley double pumper with a rpm air gap manifold..would this clear my stock hood on a 72 nova?
as the exhaust valve starts to open adjust the intake valve of the same cylinder. as the intake just starts to close adjust the exhaust valve. buy a little trigger deal to bump the motor over. (EOIC method)

if the cam is a solid cam adjust the last at the valve tip. move everything around to make sure you have all the extra play out of it and the gap is correctly set. then screw the inside (allen wrench) of the poly lock against the stud and maybe turn the outside nut a little bit to bind it all up. then check valve lash again. with hydraulic just get it adjusted to where there's zero lash then turn an additional 1/2 turn or so. done.

that intake probably will fit with a low profile air cleaner. i have a super victor and a 1" spacer on my car that fit the stock hood with no air cleaner and about 3/4" clearance total. an air gap manifold is probably 1" or so shorter. you'll need a recessed base or drop base air cleaner for a total height of probably 2" from the top of the carb. don't quote me on this, as they are ESTIMATES of what will fit your car. if you have a cam with less than 235* of camshaft at .050" lift you probably only need the performer manifold, not the RPM version.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts