Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up guys newbe here pretty cool.Restoring my 72 nova ss was reading a hot rod mag. the other day someone had installed a 2" drop spidle on their nova,and also installed chevelle steering arms they said this would move the tierod ends up higher for more clearance just wanted to know what this means and is it worth doing thanks guys.Dom

·
Registered
982 Posts
the way our novas work is the steering arms are attached to the spindle, lowering the car brings all that linkage down, whereas the chevelle arms dont hang as low, the geometry is higher up in general.

if you keep your stock hardware, any clearance issues could damage your steering components., its not too likely, but its still a concern

·
Registered
407 Posts
that nova is sweet but I bet there was some fabrication going on there. As long as you arnt scared away by that it can be done. That nova was sick but you can find bolt on parts that will work just as good and 2'' is safe to do even with all the stock linkage.:yes:

·
Registered
89 Posts
heidt's 2 drop spindles

First off They are used. Not sure how much although, they are still in original box with the instruction sheet. I bought them from guy who had them with 53 chevy truck that had a 69 camaro front stub welded on to it .His plan is to upgrade to air ride, and I bought some other stuff that he wouldn't be using.
200.00 plus shipping.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Your probably referring to my 71 in CC.

The chevelle arms work great for adding some more wheel to tie rod clearance. You must relocate the inner pivots also though to avoid severe bumpsteer. Check out the Ride Tech Tru Turn kit. Basically what I did, but only spent $200 on everthing instead of a grand.

·
Registered
89 Posts
2" drop spindles

well I looked that up, from my location to yours about 30.00 $$ I would split that with you, 175.00 +15.00 =190.00 does that work for you? BTW I figured to zip 15217

1 - 20 of 21 Posts