Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,790 Posts
I previously asked FiTech if their 4bbl system could be used on my 250 straight 6.

Of course, they advised that their system was not compatible with my motor.

I am getting excellent results from my 500 CFM Edelbrock, so it would be hard for me to buy their new 2bbl system.

So, is there an advantage for me to change to FiTech?

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
One advantage is, complete/simple tuneability...after initial setup, it will run perfectly anywhere.
Myself, going to try the Holley Sniper.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Hi there "Twisted6" .............

................................ Looking Good , Larry , with WHAT Tranny ?

jim

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I'm still running my Muncie This new motor is a 13-1 with a bump stick just shy of 700 lift.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
2 bbl EFI .......

I know of one member that is installing a NEW " Holley Sniper 2 bbl EFI" system on to his Nova , with his "Chevy Six"

He sent me a picture ......... and ........ It Sure Looks Good , sweet

maybe he will post up a picture .... very cool ..... :cool:

jim

·
Registered
551 Posts
2 barrel holley sniper

I am putting the holley sniper efi on my 194 . I have painted the intake chevy orange. I will post pictures as I do it. I am also changing to a magnetic distributor so the efi can control the timing.

Attachments

·
Registered
551 Posts
Top view of manifold

We machined the intake which had 4 holes for a 4 barrel to be open for the 2 barrel. Jim (Twinshadows) am I the member who sent you the picture or is someone else doing it too? I am waiting for some warmer temps so I can get back to the garage. Thanks for your help Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
...... Yes , Dan ......

I just wasn't sure U were ready for a "reveal" , yet.

Man, I sure like that set-up , looking good , keep us posted (or do a build thread ......I'm sure a lot of guys will be looking-in).
and, I with you, if I can help out any......

I got my new "Street Rodder" mag , yesterday , and saw a new 'Holley 2 bbl unit, in that magazine.

jim

**** make sure U take a lot of pictures **** , please

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Dan,

more info on "intake gaskets" ....... RemFlex exhaust gasket

Summit part # RFL 2034 for the 194 - 230 - 250. I did buy one when I got my Offy intake .....
mainly to use for when I do the install with my cast-iron exhaust manifolds.
It's a thicker gasket that would seal leaks, when installing or changing intake/exhaust manifolds.

price was : $ 39.19

I did use the stock gasket set for my install (at that time) .......

jim

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
We machined the intake which had 4 holes for a 4 barrel to be open for the 2 barrel. Jim (Twinshadows) am I the member who sent you the picture or is someone else doing it too? I am waiting for some warmer temps so I can get back to the garage. Thanks for your help Jim
Looks great, my dilemma is the adapter situation to use the two barrel sniper.
Still might use the 4 barrel one.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think if I still had my 65 Chevelle wagon with the 6 banger I would go with the Holley setup, being able to tune and adjust the car would of been a nice and the extra gas savings would of been a plus. The only thing I changed on mine was to put in a Pertronix Ing on it and drove the wheels off that wagon. I do kind of miss it......:(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts