Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running the DSE wiper assy on their 1st genner?

How do you like it? (running vehicles only)

·
Premium Member
2,823 Posts
Hi Johnny. I have a DSE universal unit on both my 66's. I mounted mine on the outside of the firewall. They lay flat & look much better than the original. They have like 5 to 7 delay positions. I was able to use the original knob on their switch. If you look at my wagon pics (LS conversion has begun) in this section you can see how they look.

·
Premium Member
2,823 Posts
I recall that I have seen tanks with the pump attached to the tank. This could be used with a separate button to activate.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Newport engineering

I'm happy with my Newport Engineering wiper system. I believe it has the washer system.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I was hoping someone was going to recommend a cheaper setup. I know late seventies F*rd pickups have an intermittent system with a dash mounted switch,and it is an easy swap into early Falcons ( the bolt pattern on the motor was still the same). Intermittent motors are everywhere but the rub is the dash mounted switch as most newer cars have stalk mounted switches. We"re talking $50-$75 in junkyard parts,the $300 extra for the DSE stuff is to take the pain out of the install. No quarrel with their quality but I'm cheap and adventurous.

·
Registered
887 Posts
The dse motor looks like a 4th gen camaro then you could try a rotary dash switch off a ford eddie bauer bronco.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Johnny,

Love it, & unfortunately used it today, but I guess its better than having a drought.

Back to the wiper system: Installation is very straightforward, cleans up the engine compartment, no washer option available with the system. DSE provides a harness that IMO needs to be shortened if you have a stock fuseblock location. Using a stock heater box on a 65 I had to replace the firewall spacer for the lower outlet with one that was 1" longer to provide clearance for the driver's side defroster hose. I will be switching to a Vintage
Air system when I do the other updates to the car so would be able to let you know how that fits.

Shoot me an e-mail: [email protected] or call 541-482-5658 if you have any questions. If I got of my lazy butt (aka: had the time) I could post pics of the installation.

Walt

1 - 11 of 11 Posts