Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 64 Chevy II with a 350 motor. What throttle set-up do you have on your cars? Pics would be great.
Tom
Suffolk,Va

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Lokar has officially released their throttle pedal assembly for the 1st Gen. cars, Summit is handling them I think the Part number is BAG-6127. Now we can get the benefit of a throttle cable without all the headache of makin the Camaro unit fit. This one is supposed to bolt right in place of the old unit.;)

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
I'm still not convinced that the OEM V8 throttle setup is inadequate. For me, it'd take some very strong evidence showing why the OEM setup doesn't work to make me switch to that $115 Lokar setup. :eek:

This is my variant of the OEM setup on my car, which only differs from OEM in that I replaced the original throttle rod with heim joints, straight threaded rod, and some extra bushings. Ignore the fact that I haven't lengthened the tube that's supposed to hide the threaded rod yet. :eek:

The primaries & vacuum seconaries open all the way and I've still got adjustment to spare if needed. Maybe folks running double pumper carbs have different issues. :confused:

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
throttle

A picture can be worth a thousand words...thanks guys..

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
I planned on doing mine the exact same way. Now I know in advance how good it's going to look on my car. Thanks. Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts