Chevy Nova Forum banner
401 - 412 of 412 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
'63 SS CPP mini with power disc brakes, tubular A arms, 2" lower springs. Unisteer power rack - 185/60/15 Douglas (Goodyear) on '67 Corvette 15 x 6 Rally wheel - 205/70/15 Douglas on 15 x 7 Rally with 4 1/2" BS - 3 leaf spring
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Window
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car
Tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread

·
Registered
2 Posts
63 long roof wheel fitment advise

I would like to start dressing up the new 63 Long roof with new rims and tires. Even though my plans have the suspension changing over time, I would like to buy the wheels and tires just once and work on the suspension changes over time. What wheel fitment should I go with given the following:

63 long roof, in line six. Eventually want to go with a LS, but thats at least a year or more away.

5 lug 65' rearend and 65' spindles,with factory drums. Will be getting a CPP mini-sub frame kit later this winter. Next year, plans are to add a Church boys rack.

For the immediate future, I want to drop the factory stance by 1 to 2 inches, all via the springs.

I am debating 15" or 17". My biggest concern for the immediate future is dropping the ride height.

Any recommondations?
Hi 62 convert, without trying to change the subject, can I ask you a question about your plans for the suspension on your wagon. You said you plan on a CPP a mini subframe kit and later add a Church Boys rack. Can you do that? I have a 65 2 door with a CPP front, but with stock steering box. I’d be really interested in adding a rack, but one of the tech guys at CPP suggested not adding one of their racks. Thanks

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
CPP use to make a special lower control arms that worked with the CBR rack and pinion steering steering kit. That was about 10 years ago.. There have been a few people around here that have that setup.. It’s not very common.
Hi 62 convert, without trying to change the subject, can I ask you a question about your plans for the suspension on your wagon. You said you plan on a CPP a mini subframe kit and later add a Church Boys rack. Can you do that? I have a 65 2 door with a CPP front, but with stock steering box. I’d be really interested in adding a rack, but one of the tech guys at CPP suggested not adding one of their racks. Thanks

·
Registered
226 Posts
what is the biggest size 15 x 7 wheels will that fit on the front AND the back on a 1965, stock suspension?

I cant for the life of me find any 15 x 7 w/ 4.5" backspace steel wheels anywhere (unless I special order them, and pay a small fortune) , and from what I have read, that is the best size to get. i have found some 4.75" backspace for a decent price, but dont know if they will fit the front or the back. ( 1966-1977 Chevelle Steel COPO Wheel 15 x 7 Black )

i have read hundreds of pots on wheel sizes and my head is about to explode.

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Alloy wheel Rim Gadget

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I have a 64 Chevy Nova. I'm looking to get some Rims and tires. I wanted to get all four wheels 17x7 with a backset somewhere between 4.5 and 4.75 (the standard backset of 4" will rub on the fender when I lowered the rearend) but it seems like this does not come stock. Looks like I will have to pay to have them custom made. Is this true or do I have options?

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 64 with P225/60R15's on the rear. On the front, I'm running P195/65R15's on a 15x6" rim with a 4" BS. The fronts just fit without rubbing. I currently have BF Goodrich Radial T/A's on the car. The fronts seem to have slipped belts which I believe is due to the fact that the car sat for roughly 2 years. I would like to replace the tires, but BFG no longer makes the P195/65R15's. My question is, could I run a slightly lower profile tire without affecting anything?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a 64 with P225/60R15's on the rear. On the front, I'm running P195/65R15's on a 15x6" rim with a 4" BS. The fronts just fit without rubbing. I currently have BF Goodrich Radial T/A's on the car. The fronts seem to have slipped belts which I believe is due to the fact that the car sat for roughly 2 years. I would like to replace the tires, but BFG no longer makes the P195/65R15's. My question is, could I run a slightly lower profile tire without affecting anything?
195/6015R....thats what I just got on my 63.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts

a 195 65 15 to a 195 60 15 has to be very close in diameter. you could call a tire store an they would tell you. say it is a differance of 1/2'' dia. that would only be a 1/4'' in height chance, i wouldn't think that would change the alignment any.

401 - 412 of 412 Posts