Chevy Nova Forum banner

361 - 377 of 377 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
You should be fine with the 185/70/14 on the 14x6 wheels. The backspacing is the dimension from the back side of the wheel mounting surface to the inboard (towards the leaf spring) outer wheel lip where the tire bead seats.
Thanks Nova Thug! So these wheels should go on with no problems?

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Based on your description of your car and everything being stock, it should be fine.. I don’t like to rely merely on descriptions.. Tape measures can help you determine if what you have is as stated.. A lot of things can happen in 55 years.. Do yourself a favor and take some measurements.. That way you’ll be armed with solid information that will be specific to your car..

·
Registered
78 Posts
Based on your description of your car and everything being stock, it should be fine.. I don’t like to rely merely on descriptions.. Tape measures can help you determine if what you have is as stated.. A lot of things can happen in 55 years.. Do yourself a favor and take some measurements.. That way you’ll be armed with solid information that will be specific to your car..
Thanks. I did take off the stock wheels and measure the backspace which is 4". Do I currently have:

Tires: 185/70/R14
Wheels: 14" 5-Lug 4 3/4 bolt pattern"
Backspace: 4"

Thanks!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thanks. I did take off the stock wheels and measure the backspace which is 4". Do I currently have:

Tires: 185/70/R14
Wheels: 14" 5-Lug 4 3/4 bolt pattern"
Backspace: 4"

Thanks!
Not "Do I currently have" but "I currently have".

·
Registered
281 Posts
after some measuring I decided to chance some close fitment tire sizes.

lowered quite a bit, not exactly sure how much lower than stock
CBR front upper/lower
- CPP zero offset front kit
CBR rear 4-link
-Drum rear
-stock width rear end

15x7 -1 offset (4" BS) all around
205/50/15 Front
225/50/15 Rear

zero Rubbing, lock to lock.

·
Registered
77 Posts
after some measuring I decided to chance some close fitment tire sizes.

lowered quite a bit, not exactly sure how much lower than stock
CBR front upper/lower
- CPP zero offset front kit
CBR rear 4-link
-Drum rear
-stock width rear end

15x7 -1 offset (4" BS) all around
205/50/15 Front
225/50/15 Rear

zero Rubbing, lock to lock.
What Brand tires are you running? I'm looking for the same staggered tire size front/rear and most out there are track tires.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Legendary wheel, part number LW70-70757B

Legendary 7"x17" with 4.75" BS; 205/40/17 front, 225/45/17 rear. Thanks for all the info on this site!
Looks great, your setup has me second guessing my 15" rally wheels...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Question on will this work for rear instead of sifting through page upon page?

1963 SS with 12 Bolt from a 66

15x8 Jegs SSR Spike Wheels
4 1/2" Backspace 0 offset. 4.75 bolt pattern

235/60/15 Tires

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
They sell it in 15x7 with a 4" backspace but not sure if it will make enough difference
15x7 will need 4.5-4.75” of backspace to fit the 235/6/15 tire. If you want to run 15x8 you will need 5.25” of back space.

Check out my post on page 18 post # 357. I tried to link it here but the site is not working properly.

·
Registered
281 Posts
What Brand tires are you running? I'm looking for the same staggered tire size front/rear and most out there are track tires.
I am running toyo r888R which are really soft tires, they do make a harder compound in the same sizes. i think theyre R888. i would also look at yokohama and federal 595 .those are supposed to have really good tread life and still grip.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
361 - 377 of 377 Posts