Chevy Nova Forum banner
361 - 380 of 412 Posts

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Based on your description of your car and everything being stock, it should be fine.. I don’t like to rely merely on descriptions.. Tape measures can help you determine if what you have is as stated.. A lot of things can happen in 55 years.. Do yourself a favor and take some measurements.. That way you’ll be armed with solid information that will be specific to your car..

·
Registered
111 Posts
Based on your description of your car and everything being stock, it should be fine.. I don’t like to rely merely on descriptions.. Tape measures can help you determine if what you have is as stated.. A lot of things can happen in 55 years.. Do yourself a favor and take some measurements.. That way you’ll be armed with solid information that will be specific to your car..
Thanks. I did take off the stock wheels and measure the backspace which is 4". Do I currently have:

Tires: 185/70/R14
Wheels: 14" 5-Lug 4 3/4 bolt pattern"
Backspace: 4"

Thanks!

·
Registered
281 Posts
after some measuring I decided to chance some close fitment tire sizes.

lowered quite a bit, not exactly sure how much lower than stock
CBR front upper/lower
- CPP zero offset front kit
CBR rear 4-link
-Drum rear
-stock width rear end

15x7 -1 offset (4" BS) all around
205/50/15 Front
225/50/15 Rear

zero Rubbing, lock to lock.

·
Registered
78 Posts
after some measuring I decided to chance some close fitment tire sizes.

lowered quite a bit, not exactly sure how much lower than stock
CBR front upper/lower
- CPP zero offset front kit
CBR rear 4-link
-Drum rear
-stock width rear end

15x7 -1 offset (4" BS) all around
205/50/15 Front
225/50/15 Rear

zero Rubbing, lock to lock.
What Brand tires are you running? I'm looking for the same staggered tire size front/rear and most out there are track tires.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
They sell it in 15x7 with a 4" backspace but not sure if it will make enough difference
15x7 will need 4.5-4.75” of backspace to fit the 235/60/15 tire. If you want to run 15x8 you will need 5.25” of back space.

Check out my post on page 18 post # 357. I tried to link it here but the site is not working properly.

·
Registered
281 Posts
What Brand tires are you running? I'm looking for the same staggered tire size front/rear and most out there are track tires.
I am running toyo r888R which are really soft tires, they do make a harder compound in the same sizes. i think theyre R888. i would also look at yokohama and federal 595 .those are supposed to have really good tread life and still grip.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
One more bump to this thread. I’ve been planning the purchase of wheels for my ’65 Chevy II project and I’ve been going over the posts here from top to bottom numerous times. I had rally wheels planned until I got to the post from @GFY and the picture of his 63 Nova with the Legendary LW70 wheels. Just like @KingPin, I’m second guessing my wheel choice. So much so that I opted for the LW70’s. They’re on order. FYI for anyone else thinking about these wheels. It appears that Legendary Wheels has discontinued the Chevy bolt pattern LW70 wheels. No more 17x7’s listed as an available option on their website. In fact, very few wheels with Chevy bolt patterns from them anymore. I contacted a LW dealer to inquire about future availability of the Chevy LW70’s. Their reply was, “We’re getting that those are now discontinued”. I did a quick eBay search and found a dealer still selling them. $119 each, shipped. They should be here soon!

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Their wheels are a perfect fit for stock or nearly stock suspension setups on 62-67 models but that is probably not a significant enough market to support continued production. With only a single wheel style available the limits are further restricted as not everybody will want that one wheel style and probably won’t find enough market in the sea of aftermarket wheels..
One more bump to this thread. I’ve been planning the purchase of wheels for my ’65 Chevy II project and I’ve been going over the posts here from top to bottom numerous times. I had rally wheels planned until I got to the post from @GFY and the picture of his 63 Nova with the Legendary LW70 wheels. Just like @KingPin, I’m second guessing my wheel choice. So much so that I opted for the LW70’s. They’re on order. FYI for anyone else thinking about these wheels. It appears that Legendary Wheels has discontinued the Chevy bolt pattern LW70 wheels. No more 17x7’s listed as an available option on their website. In fact, very few wheels with Chevy bolt patterns from them anymore. I contacted a LW dealer to inquire about future availability of the Chevy LW70’s. Their reply was, “We’re getting that those are now discontinued”. I did a quick eBay search and found a dealer still selling them. $119 each, shipped. They should be here soon!

361 - 380 of 412 Posts