Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been looking to buy a 1st gen chevy 2 and was wondering if i could make a 3rd gen subframe fit. i dont have eather at my dispose to measure to see if it could even work. just curious if anyone had done it and how hard was it to do.

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
I am sure anything could be done, no need to do that when the Mustang II stuff looks cleaner, lighter, and works just as good if not better. To many front clips offered out there to fix those cars and make them handle if wanted.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
ive seen one done on a 67 and it just didnt look right in my opinion, but it has been done

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am sure anything could be done, no need to do that when the Mustang II stuff looks cleaner, lighter, and works just as good if not better. To many front clips offered out there to fix those cars and make them handle if wanted.
true but i was shooting for a cheaper way and this car would just end up being a driver with a stock 327 or smaller sbc and i didnt wanna fight the strut towers.

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
I am sure it could be done but why?? So many good parts available to make these drive and handle like a new car.Many years ago there was a company making a clip that used 70's Camaro a arms and steering.Must have had some issues because I never saw one on a car completed,only on thier demo in the display at Mini Nats back in the early 90's

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
true but i was shooting for a cheaper way and this car would just end up being a driver with a stock 327 or smaller sbc and i didnt wanna fight the strut towers.
there is no provisions for bolting the early body to the later front clip, you would have to fit it up yourself, weld mounts.......etc........ As for the 1st gen, if your just gonna daily drive, rebush the front end, lower arm lockout kit and all should be good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts