Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is probably a silly question but have to ask. The area behind what i want to call the Wiper Cowl in front of the windshield what Color should be behind where you can see through the openings looking from the front, body color or blacked out also how do you paint in this area ???

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok sounds good i was wondering if it was just overspray from previous paint job it is body color.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
cowl vent paint

The best way to get paint inside the cowl would be to tape off the outside vents so you don't get runs and drips and use a base coat for the color application. Base coat is like flat black paint and dries in minutes and you can keep adding coats until you get color coverage. You can do this buy completely covering the cowl vent with tape and then use a blade to cut slits in the tape and push the tape down to cover the exterior paint. Use a air brush or small gun and slowly blow in the color. Once you get the color covered blow in a little clear to seal it off. When you paint the outside of the car color will also get inside as well but it will not be enough to cover completely if you are doing a color change.

You could paint it black inside as well after the car is painted, that is unless you are doing a concors restoration and want it exactly as it was when new. There are also some holes in the side cowl under the fenders which are covered with rubber caps and you can get access to apply corrosion protection and/or color. This is a bad place for corrosion due to water entering thru the cowl vents and running thru the side cowls and finialy exiting thru the rockers. I filled in my cowl vent for a cleaner look and to keep the water from rotting out my pride and joy. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts