Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1962 Chevy II convertible with an LSx/6-speed swap and a TCI front clip, and I'm looking for info on putting some long tube headers on it...

I know the Novas are pretty tight for clearance on the headers, and I have some Hooker shortys that will work, but I'm looking for better power and long tubes seem to be a proven improvement.

Most LS1 and LS2 headers for the 00-02 Camaro and the newer gen GTO's interfere, but I was looking at the 2010+ Camaro headers, and they are a different shape than most, and wondering if anyone has either a way of seeing if they would fit, or just maybe someone has already looked at it...

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sincerely,
Adrian

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
headers

Just call TCI and order their LS headers. They fit, they are great looking and they are moderately priced. Sure beats trying to search and modify something else.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Street and performance has a 3/4 header with a huge collector at a very resonable price. They are ceramic coated and i like them becuse you don't have the collector hanging under the car.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I have a 1962 Chevy II convertible with an LSx/6-speed swap and a TCI front clip, and I'm looking for info on putting some long tube headers on it...

I know the Novas are pretty tight for clearance on the headers, and I have some Hooker shortys that will work, but I'm looking for better power and long tubes seem to be a proven improvement.

Most LS1 and LS2 headers for the 00-02 Camaro and the newer gen GTO's interfere, but I was looking at the 2010+ Camaro headers, and they are a different shape than most, and wondering if anyone has either a way of seeing if they would fit, or just maybe someone has already looked at it...

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sincerely,
Adrian

Sorry, can't help on the headers. Sounds like the experts are all over it. Some pictures of the Vert would be great!! I am toying with idea of shoeing in a LSx in my 62 vert.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guys thanks for the replies so far...

I'm still curious if there is some version of a 2010 Camaro header that would possibly fit; mainly because they offer them in stainless. The TCI set-up is definitely in the running (and maybe the only workable option without going custom since the Camaro ones still may not fit...).

I did a quick look over some of the S&P headers, and they all look to be relatively short tube lengths. Do they make a long tube version, or are the short offerings all they have? I already have some shorty headers that currently fit/work, but I am looking for a long tube version for the increased power...

As far as pics of the 'vert, I'll post some in the next couple of days... At the moment, it is in a pretty rough state, but I will post pics of progress so far... I think it will be a killer ride when it gets finished current, I'm just not sure which decade that will be... =/

Stay tuned, and thanks again.
A

·
Vendor
1,435 Posts
Guys thanks for the replies so far...

I'm still curious if there is some version of a 2010 Camaro header that would possibly fit; mainly because they offer them in stainless. The TCI set-up is definitely in the running (and maybe the only workable option without going custom since the Camaro ones still may not fit...).

I did a quick look over some of the S&P headers, and they all look to be relatively short tube lengths. Do they make a long tube version, or are the short offerings all they have? I already have some shorty headers that currently fit/work, but I am looking for a long tube version for the increased power...

As far as pics of the 'vert, I'll post some in the next couple of days... At the moment, it is in a pretty rough state, but I will post pics of progress so far... I think it will be a killer ride when it gets finished current, I'm just not sure which decade that will be... =/

Stay tuned, and thanks again.
A
Adrian,

CBR make a stainless header that will work on any of our clips. :yes:

http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1435592&postcount=6

-J

1 - 8 of 8 Posts