Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the deal. We all know that 62-65 and 66-67 are pretty much the same car sans sheet metal. I've been told by chassis engineers that because these years share so much aside from the body that they are all 1st gen Novas. Personally I tend to agree. Your thoughts?:chev:

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
Man has pondered this since the dawning of time. :turn:

·
14,009 Posts
I would say the L79 pretty well sets 1966 apart from anything available from 1962-65:D.

Bob

·
Premium Member
3,752 Posts
I've been told by chassis engineers that because these years [1st & 2nd gen Novas] share so much aside from the body that they are all 1st gen Novas. Personally I tend to agree. Your thoughts?:chev:
No. I don't recall anyone in the Nova community ever saying that the 'generations' of Novas should broken down simply by chassis design. The '66/'67 cars' body design was such a sharp break from the first four years, most of us feel that it shouldn't be included with them.

The current usage of 'generations' was arrived at over many years of discussions by Nova enthusiasts. I think it makes talking and writing about Novas much easier than if the years were lumped into fewer categories.

·
Premium Member
5,544 Posts
Never had a 67 but isn't there a bunch of under the skin difference also?

So kind of like a 70 1/2 camaro :devil:

Just saying...

And Nova Chick why no comments on your introduction post?:bored:

Mark

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
YOU'RE A GIRL, YOU DON'T KNOW SH**! :eek:

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
JUS' KIDDING! DON'T KILL ME! :devil:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's just a V-8....

I would say the L79 pretty well sets 1966 apart from anything available from 1962-65:D.

Bob
....with more horsepower. Using your analogy then when they went from the 283 to the 327 in 1965 then the '65 is a break from the '64.........

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So you're saying....

Two guys, Genetically identical, One looks like a movie star and the other looks like a bacterial infection. Who ya gonna go with?:eek::D
....that just because you consider one body design better than the other that qualifies as another generation?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Didn't want to....

....offend anyone. Just wanted other Nova enthusiasts thoughts on this. I love my '63 SS but my Dad's '67 is great too. We're in a trophy winning contest and actually keep track and so far my car is one trophy ahead of his for the last 2 years.....*grins*

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have had many first gens and second gens, the 67 I have now has a few upgrades from the first gens. Both first and second gens with a little massaging, say hotrod easily with a stout small block. I like my 67 the best so far. Mark

1 - 20 of 34 Posts