Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I bought this kit that came with a 2" dropped spindle for my 63 nova SS. Everything has gone smoothly until I went to put the caliper on the bracket and over the rotor. IT DOESNT FIT by like an 1/8". The front caliper pad is hitting the front side of the rotor by about the 1/8. However the back side of the caliper is fitting correctly. Now their are two "bumps" where the caliper screws meet the bracket. Has anyone heard of people grinding these off so the caliper will fit correctly? Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im new here on Steves Nova Site. But my autobody teacher in Highschool was NOVAHOLIC who recommended I come here. He said he hasnt been on in a while but he used to live on here. Anyway havent figured out how to post pictures yet.

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
they show two images. the top image shows an integral bracketed spindle, the lower image shows what appears to be a std style spindle...

which do you have?

i've seen so many threads here concerning disc kits with the integral bracket where the owners just couldn't get the front end aligned...

if the parts don't fit without mods... hate to say it but i'd try and return it for a refund... there are better kits out there.

what size wheels do you plan on running? 14's, 15's or 17's?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes they are the integrated ones. WOW that is definitly bad news. How do you post pics? I planed on using 15" wheels. I wonder why you ask if you dont mind

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
here's a tutorial on using Photobucket: http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27716

it's free & easy...

yup, i know the Ol'Novaholic. cool guy. i visited him at the school one afternoon to check everything out. haven't seen him around lately but then life interrupts occasionally. ;)

asking on wheels sizes because of different disc options available. if you had 13's or 14's and were in the process of buying new wheels and in the future plan for more upgrades... 17's would be the best choice.

if you're planning on staying with the 15's, there are still good choices out there...

it's up to you to install the brakes and modify something to fit. make REAL sure installation is correct prior to modding anything. that may be the only way of returning... if you didn't want anything modded and it just won't fit without... then a return might be possible. i don't think i'd mention anything about "possible" alignment issues...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep Roy is still teaching autobody. Actually ran into him a couple weeks ago in Hesperis and he invited me to paint my car in his booth. LOL I would be excited except something tells me leaving my 63 NOVA SS at a highschool with a bunch of kids isnt the best idea.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts