Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are all 1st gen kickpanel vents black, or are they the same color as the interior? I have a red interior, and was wondering if the vents were black or red originally. (I think they're all black regardless of the interior color)

·
Premium Member
13,649 Posts
Every one that I have seen (including those I'm sending you) have been black. From cars with blue, green and tan interior.

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
Are you guys talking about the vent or the kick panel??? Seems like the Red car 66 had red kick panels and vent covers.

·
Super Moderator
9,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The kickpanels are red, but the grille on the vent was what I was asking about. The 62-64 setup was a plastic grille/vent assembly, vent controls that attached under the dash, and a pressboard kickpanel. I think they switched in 65-67 to a plastic kickpanel with the controls built in. I'm not sure if the vent grilles were color coordinated for those either.

·
Premium Member
13,649 Posts
JR said:
Are you guys talking about the vent or the kick panel??? Seems like the Red car 66 had red kick panels and vent covers.
65 and up have the nice ones like what you sold me. The 62-64 have cheap cardboard cutouts with the plastic vent behind them. The cardboard is generally interior color with the actual vents being black.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts