·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
very smart looking!
i'm planning something similar on the wagon.what did he rob the parts from? i was thinking of using a rectangular one from a honda complete with the cable release hardware.
leftcoast carl.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
very smart looking!
i'm planning something similar on the wagon.what did he rob the parts from? i was thinking of using a rectangular one from a honda complete with the cable release hardware.
leftcoast carl.
All of the parts were made or put together from scratch. The door was cut from a piece of flat steel or sheet metal with a 4 inch ( i think ) hole saw minus the drill bit chucked up into a big drill press somehow??????. A small piano hinge is tacked to the inside of the quarter panel and the arm attached to the door was hand made. He bought a spring loaded magnetic button at Lowes that holds the door closed and tacked it to the lip of the opening somehow????????. The original spout is still in the car. We used a Stant Nascar style gas cap with the center button access that the nozzle sticks through so the cap does not have to be removed. Like I said the whole thing is made from scratch but worked out pretty neat.

Scott

1 - 5 of 5 Posts