Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,732 Posts
I don't know how you could tell it's the "rear window of a 62-64" since they are exactly the same on a 65 but the car did look different. It had an emblem on the upper part of the front fender (like a 64) but it also had what looked like 65 tail lights. 65 Novas didn't have an emblem on the upper part of the fender. The car did not have the turn signal extension mouldings though (65 was the only year that didn't).

It might be either be a Canadian or European version.

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know how you could tell it's the "rear window of a 62-64" since they are exactly the same on a 65 but the car did look different.
I always thought the 65's had a smaller back window on the sedans and 4 doors.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I say its a '65 4 door 400 series. It had peak mouldings and tail lights like the '65. Looked like the driver was in the correct spot so I think it could be a canadian or south american car? Whats with the emblem?

·
Premium Member
13,649 Posts
I doubt that they would take the time to make a car factory correct just for a 3 second blip in a commercial.

·
13,727 Posts
Looked like the driver was in the correct spot so I think it could be a canadian or south american car? Whats with the emblem?
Canadian built Chevy IIs look exactly the same as U.S. built cars.

Bob

·
13,727 Posts
It's not a Chevy II. 'Stop framing' it shows clearly it has the license plate in the trunk lid and a portion of the tail light lense is amber.

Bob

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
It's not a Chevy II. 'Stop framing' it shows clearly it has the license plate in the trunk lid and a portion of the tail light lense is amber.

Bob
Watch the whole commercial, the car you are looking at is a Volvo. There is a 65 Nova at the end.:)

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Looks like an Acadian to me.:yes:

·
Registered
818 Posts
When I watched the ad, I thought it was one of the South American built Novas from the early 70s........

·
13,727 Posts
Watch the whole commercial, the car you are looking at is a Volvo. There is a 65 Nova at the end.:)
Oops! Sorry Guys:eek:. Just assumed they'd put the Nova where it belonged...right up front at the beginning:D. I think the car is a South American Nova. The backend isn't right for an Acadian, nor is the peak trim. Don't think Acadian sedans had peak trim......only the 65 Canso SD, and it went all the way across like the 63 and 64 Nova SS models.

Bob

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Check the Argentina 65 Sedan in this thread:

http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111888&highlight=Argentina+Novas

The car in the commercial looks very similar to this...peak trim, trim behind the back wheels and big bumper guards.
... good find! :D

Just goes to show how serious we are about Novas. My wife was amazed how I was able to spot that Nova in the split second it passed through the shot --- actually, she was rolling her eyes. LOL.

·
Premium Member
7,732 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts