Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just became a member of your group and this is my first question posted. I am building a 63 post. I have a 350 engine and a super-t-10 4 speed. I was told I need a 168 tooth flywheel, 10-1/2 inch clutch assy. and a chevy 2 bellhousing because the clutchfork exits the housing at a different location. Is this correct and will I be able to run headers by that housing.

Thank you
Craig 63

·
Registered
362 Posts
I just did the V8 swap and used a 153 tooth flywheel. It is super super close in the bell housing. I have the Nova Bell Housing you need if you are in search of one.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately my engine block has only a staggered bolt pattern for my starter and the starter gear is not even close to the 153 tooth flywheel. I am having problems finding a starter because of that. I have been told that this block is for a 168 tooth flywheel. Most of the 350 motors I have looked at have 3 holes drilled for the starter. Hopefully somebody has an answer for this problem.

Thanks
Craig 63

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
I was able to use my 153 tooth flywheel with a sag 4 speed along with the bellhousing clutch..PP Which all bolted right in.. ,, my starter's a two hole. geared for the 153 tooth...My Block is a .68 327 large journal..which is basiclly the same as a 350..

·
Registered
224 Posts
Just became a member of your group and this is my first question posted. I am building a 63 post. I have a 350 engine and a super-t-10 4 speed. I was told I need a 168 tooth flywheel, 10-1/2 inch clutch assy. and a chevy 2 bellhousing because the clutchfork exits the housing at a different location. Is this correct and will I be able to run headers by that housing.

Thank you
Craig 63
Yes you need a Chevy II bellhousing, you can get them new from Kiesler Engineering or a few other places I believe. You may need to machine the opening to fit a T10 I think the muncie opening is slightly smaller. I could be wrong.
In my 65 I have a 168 tooth fly wheel with a Chevy II bellhousing running a Tremec 5-speed. I have an adjustable summit mini starter part # SUM 820323 and I am running Hooker Super Comp headers with 1 3/4" tubes Part #2243. I had to grind a corner off the starter mount housing to clear one of the tubes, no big deal, and it all fits.
Hope that helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts