Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I would think that most who have any tow equipment would be the 4 door and wagon owners being that they were more of a little"family" car? I can't image that our cars would tow much more than say a pop tent trailer or something like that. Im sure you could fine a factory hitch, but i wonder how much it would cost ya??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
6,582 Posts
Towing with a little ***** box car is a little risky... Then you add a harbor freight trailer and your asking for trouble:yes: 1badnov towed the bar down from norcal.... ask him about his setup...

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'm sure a trailer would be fine, it's a matter of weight & how it's loaded etc.

appreciate the insights...

·
Premium Member
8,046 Posts
I had a 68 with a trailer hitch on it. It was a class three hitch the best I remember. Any car and someone with some sense can pull a trailer.
You would have to do some searching but I bet there is a factory built hitch for your car.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I have on my blue car 65 back in the 70 I did tow a boat --327-4-speed 456 Ha I'm thinking about putting on my Yellow car 65 also. Thinking about towing the blue car to shows That way I would have 2 cars at a show

. Later Larry Mc

·
Registered
310 Posts
Those little Harbor Freight trailers are great! You can't haul much more that 500 lbs on them but I don't see any reason our Nova's couldn't pull one. :yes:

When towing weight is not the only issue. It's also the mass. Is it going to pull your vehicle around or versus vice versa? That's why for campers they use weight distributing hitches. The trailer itself isn't that heavy but the tongue weight is high which throws off the vehicle balance. Add the shear size of some of these trailers and they can make a car/truck a dangerous ride if if the power to pull is there.

Wow! :D way too much information but a little trailer like that loaded intelligently you'll be fine. I'd probably start with a Draw-Tite class 2 or 3 hitch and modify to to mount to the sub-frame. That way when you aren't using it you don't have to have that ugly ball hanging off the car.

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
500-600lbs is what i had in mind. thereabouts anyways.
figured i'd use it for landscape materials and such... maybe haul a littleass. LOL! ;)

·
Registered
788 Posts
OEM hitch on

hardtop which I use to trailer the HF type 1/2 ton type payload.

And thank you very much, it works fine. This hitch came from my Grandma's 300 series 4 dr.car she gave to me with less than 30K miles and I drove it for over 100K.

·
Premium Member
4,598 Posts
I towed this to the mini nats , full of Nova parts and I slept in it Friday and Saturday night
schwabie

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
They had one on ePay not to long ago.... I dont even know at it finally went for ...

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
Build a totally hidden hitch..........

Before

The hardware

Ready to work

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Moonpies Nova

Does anyone remember or know what ever happen to "Moon Pies Nova" This pic was taken 1993 Louisville,Ky Nova mini nats.This car was the "CATS MEOW",and he pulled this trailer

1 - 20 of 41 Posts