Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1HOT74NovaCustom - "D'BADBOY"

Pictures (up to 3 should be linked in) << What does that mean?

Year: 1974

Model: Nova Custom, but I SS'd it :yes:

Engine: 350SBC, gear-driven high cam, Holley HR manifold, Edelbrock 750cfm Performer carb. More...

Body/Exterior: Fiberglass Stinger hood, new body metal except roof, pillars, sail panels and r.rear Q-panel. Added stainless steel rear bumper filler (no plastic), and tucked in both bumpers just right. 3 bright red LED's under bumpers shine blood onto the road, and 2 also light the rear license plate.

Front End: Completely refurb'd stock with disc brakes, added Hurst Roll Lock. Smoothed firewall.

Transmission: HD race clutch, Saginaw 4sp, Hurst shifter & T-handle w/roll lock button.

Rear End: 8.5" 10-bolt Posi. We counted teeth once; 3:42 I think. It may not be the original; the spring/shock plates are Camaro (threaded rod at shock bottom). Cast alum diff. cover.

Exhaust: Hooker silver ceramic headers, 3" dia. all thru Flowmaster Super 44's, then dumps down just before back axle.

Wheels/Tires: US Mag Torq Thrust U-105, F: 17"x 7" -4"BS, R: 17"x 8" -4.5"BS / Sumitomo F: 225/50R17, R: 275/40R17. Note: CPX in Orange CA insisted these wheels work on 68-74 Nova's, but I needed .5 to .75" more backset on all...*sigh*.

Interior: My custom design; Blk + Charcoal vinyl, charcoal carpet, Graphite paint on dash & custom console, chrome & brushed silver highlights, red LED's. WAY too much to mention here; was trying to keep a 70's look, but a CUSTOM version.

Electrical: New engine harness, refurb'd other harnesses, added low door panel step lights, under dash, & sail panel lights.

Accessories/Options: Rear defogger fan, 2 speed. 2 separate red "angel eye" switches for inside & outside red LED's. Marine LED lights at dome, sail panels, console sides, and bottom fronts of rear seat. Polished aluminum ribbed rocker panel dressings.

Sound system: Retrosound ZUMA (head), JBL MS-8 (brain), JBL GTO 804EZ 940W (4ch amp), JBL GTO-638's on angled pods at kick panels, JBL GTO-938's on rear deck. Need to add a subwoofer off the MS-8; bass is often obscured by exhaust reverb under the car (which is why everyone LOVES how this Nova sounds!).

Comments: Custom, like I wanted it. Not for the Nova "bona fide restoration" purist, of course. Didn't like the rubber baby buggy bumpers on THIS Custom, so I found bumpers without those mounting holes.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another photo...

Apparently, FB can't generate any more links to my pics, but you could search for 1HOT74NovaCustom in both the SNS Photo Gallery and Garages to see many more. All cannot be told or shown here, so if you have questions, please ASK! Thanks for taking a look at my project! :bounce:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Very sweet Nova, how well do the 17" rims work on the car? I know you mentioned that you needed more backspacing... did you go with it or did you end up settling with what they told you?

Is that an overlay over the instrument cluster or a complete custom setup?

Curious as to the specs on the console as well.

Once again, very sweet ride. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
nova

I love the Vette Stinger hood scoop and paint scheme, there are so many cowl scoops out there.. beautiful looking car. Under hood is gorgeous, great detail..

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Great looking Nova you have there. Nicely done.:yes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts