Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)

·
Registered
426 Posts
nice project looks like it will be one wicked ride

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, just hope to finish it one day. Seems like it will never end. :yes:

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its primed

The sheetmetal and bodywork are finaly finished. Just got primed for the first time and blocked out. One more heavy coat of primer, and second blocking, fix a couple of issues, and take it all apart one more time for painting. Going to go on the roto to paint the frame rails with porcelen chassis black, mask that off and truck liner on the floor sheetmetal to deaden the noise, water proof the car and seal up all the cracks. I am going to paint all the sheetmetal seperate and put it back together for the last time. Now the real fun begins, assembly, interior, wiring, brake lines, and lastly get the money to purchase the engine. Going with a Turn Key Engine Supply LS3 with a hot cam for about 500 hp and 20 plus miles per gallon.

·
Registered
211 Posts
1floho, i love this car:thumbsup: It is one of my favorite projects on here. I can't wait to see it painted!

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
I am beginning to really like those wheels. Are those intended for the finished project? If so, what brand are they and what size are you using on the rear?

Thx,
Ed

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The wheels came from Vintage Wheels. The rear wheels are 17 x 11 but I am going for a more modern wheel where it looks like a narrow wheel from the side but all business from behind. But, yes those are the wheels I am going to use. The wheels are copies of the wheels used on Ford GT 40's and Elinore. Yea I know they are copies of Ford wheels but I just love the old school look and they will look even better with the 3 spoke spinner caps. I may paint the inner section of the wheels the same color as the rear cove, maybe gun metal.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
VW color called salsa red, its a deep dark red. Its in booth as we speak for the second application of high build primer. My painters are going to tag team it so there is no dry spots and the primer goes on evenly making the blocking a piece of cake. Sould be taking it apart this weekend and the painting process should begin, piece by piece.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
One step closer

IN THE BOOTH FOR SECOND APPLICATION OF PRIMER

SECOND PRIMING COMPLETE

DIDN'T SOMEONE WANT TO SEE THE ARCE END, THERE SHE IS

·
Registered
28 Posts
Did you get the underside finished up. I was curious to see how your bed liner, chassis black paint went. I am thinking of doing the same thing.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have not got the underside done yet. In fact, I found several issues to resolve with the body that will need attention. The aftermarket lt door skin I installed does not fit very well and I had to unfold the edge at the top of the skin and refold it to lengthen the skin to correct a gap problem. I have a few other minor issues and I plan on finishing the bodywork this weekend and guide coat and block the primer next week. Then it will be ready for the underside I will update with photos as I go.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts