Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just finished putting new head gaskets on my fathers suburban and hooked everything back up the way it came off....the car runs beautiful but my problem is i have to add fuel down the throttle body in order to start it and the transmission does not shift....does anyone have an idea of what this can be?

·
Registered
50 Posts
check for vacuum leaks. or possibly a wireing problem, possibly a ground isue. maybe forgot a ground strap to the cylinder head. things to check. gonna need more info.

fuel pump turning on when key on?

·
Premium Member
8,405 Posts
Usually when the trans doesn't shift it means you left the trans vacuum modulator hose off from the intake manifold. That would give you the vacuum leak also.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Usually when the trans doesn't shift it means you left the trans vacuum modulator hose off from the intake manifold. That would give you the vacuum leak also.
thats kinda what i was thinking of mentioning too but i wasnt sure what trans was in there.

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
As a 1994, the trans should be a 4L60E (700R4). Don't drive it until you get it sorted out. It sounds like the TV cable needs to be attached/adjusted. If you drive it without it, you'll burn up the trans, from what I understand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts