Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I decided I liked the nova to do as my first car build and since getting sucked into the blackhole of rust and bondo it's time to reach out for some help. After finding someone elses "fix" Both A pillars are pretty toast and the cowl area at the bottom of the windshield are pretty far gone as well as the firewall. My question is if there are any aftermarket A pillars of off another vehicle that would be a close match and how hard is it to use 3rd gen firewall and dash cowl on a 4th gen?

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
:waving:Welcome from Wisconsin! :horse: Pics? Hopefully somebody familiar with 4th gens will answer your question.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
I am not sure if they make replacement parts for that area, for your year.
What is the rest of the car like?

·
Premium Member
1968 Chevy II Nova, Central Arkansas
2,066 Posts
It is amazing what can be under a paint job. The car in paint looks straight.

·
Premium Member
3,763 Posts
Hi, and welcome to Steve's!

There are some parts that just aren't re-popped. I've been involved in several restoration projects and what we've started doing in situations like yours is using the larger auto recyclers in Arizona. Generally speaking, the cars at those facilities are pretty-much rust free.

You just have to spend some phone time and ask questions. Some of them will custom-cut sections from their wrecks and freight them to you. This isn't the cheapest way to find restoration parts, but it can solve many problems. Just Google something like "used auto parts Arizona" and you'll get lots of hits.

In any case, good luck with rebuilding your Nova!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was all pretty bad once I got the tin, pop rivets and tar out of it but i've already done front leaf hangers, inner rockers, floor pan front and rear, trunk pan and so much more. I'm committed to the car and I'll build pretty much whatever for it but I just don't want the windshield to leak again

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you, I've been at it for a little over a year now. I live in the saint john area. These cars are pretty hard to find in N.B. so finding a parts car in decent shape isnt easy. I was told the car dragged at the mirimichi dragway so I'm hoping to build it up for that again

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Small world. I live in Rothesay- grew up in Saint John. What about getting some rust free parts shipped to Calais? I have bought many parts from U.S. members on this site.
There was a four door Pontiac on Park avenue- not sure of the year- but I think it is gone.

Oh and welcome to the site.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow small world is right, I'm actually over in Kingston, hopefully youll see the car around this spring. I'll be sure to check the classified posts for a pillars, until then its patching the firewall the old fashioned way

1 - 12 of 12 Posts