Chevy Nova Forum banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

· Registered
2,565 Posts
Nice work! Unfortunately I waited till after I installed my engine to change out my heater core and then later go with the AC delete. Not much fun with engine in the way...glad you thought ahead better than I did. Also I think with my ac delete I needed to use the non ac blower wheel so it had enough clearance.

· Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I haven't updated in a few months. so I thought I would post up just to re-break the ice. To pick up where i left off; before dropping the engine and trans all the way in, I did, in fact, decide to forgo the ac delete cover and related heater core w blower motor in favor of a very spartan firewall block off plate but, it will do for now until I add aftermarket air (won't ever happen).
I made a template from cardboard just to be sure, then cut the plate from aluminum, used the death wheel to cut the protruding lip from the firewall opening, and attached the plate via black pan head screws!
PICS!
Wood Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Floor
Automotive tire Wood Musical instrument Asphalt Flooring
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design

since my last post, I was able to complete the interior except for bolting in the seats and shifter, and i really want newer gauges. the drive train is also down in the car w the hood on. I still have to plumb the fuel system, trans cooler lines, and sort out the pulleys n accessories since the previous engine was an olds. I hope to sort out the pictures and get this thread up to date very soon. Cheers!

· Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Hard for me to say this because I'm a Chevy guy but I think the Pontiac Blue engine color is a nice touch given the car is a Pontiac.
thanks @kimrobertson, I like the way the blue looks w the gold iridite on the grade 8 hardware. i would like to kind of stay with that theme under the hood, teal paint, gold fasteners n black accessories.
I should have thought of that before I got the timing cover. it's a low buck two-piece that was only available in chrome, so I won't have to jack w the oil pan if a cam swap is in order, I guess it'll play off of the headers a bit though. I'll let you in on a little secret about the not-so-official Pontiac engine color...
Liquid Material property Table Gas Flooring
Blue Green Hood Safety glove Electric blue

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Gas Kitchen appliance
Automotive tire Wheel Hood Tire Motor vehicle

Liquid Material property Table Gas Flooring
Blue Green Hood Safety glove Electric blue
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Gas Kitchen appliance
Automotive tire Wheel Hood Tire Motor vehicle

· Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Headers are summit specials. metallic ceramic coating w 1 5/8 primaries n 3-inch collectors. I cut off the collector flanges and will fab up slip-over pipes and use band clamps when I get to the exhaust.
Aircraft Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part
Wood Bicycle part Gas Machine Engineering

Automotive parking light Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Grille

· Registered
2,565 Posts
thanks @kimrobertson, I like the way the blue looks w the gold iridite on the grade 8 hardware. i would like to kind of stay with that theme under the hood, teal paint, gold fasteners n black accessories.
I should have thought of that before I got the timing cover. it's a low buck two-piece that was only available in chrome, so I won't have to jack w the oil pan if a cam swap is in order, I guess it'll play off of the headers a bit though. I'll let you in on a little secret about the not-so-official Pontiac engine color...

I like the look! It's different but so is the Pontiac styling on a Nova. Good idea to save $ on paint. I have about 15 or 20 cans of Rustolium or Ace paint on undercarriage & under hood. Much cheaper than specialized chassis or underhood paint. Is that Ace paint high -heat that will stand up to the engine heat?

View attachment 444501 View attachment 444502

View attachment 444503 View attachment 444504

View attachment 444501 View attachment 444502 View attachment 444503 View attachment 444504

· Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 · (Edited)
pass door card. The wood grain strips are shot, we'll turn em black along w the door latch bezels. while they're off we'll re glue the perimeter, use fresh black screws, and re dye the carpets.

Automotive lighting Grille Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle

door insulation with a guest appearance by gorilla tape
Automotive parking light Grille Wood Bumper Automotive tire

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Grille Vehicle door Automotive exterior

· Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
You may recognize this car from the thread random race-car photos from last year.
it was a small block 4-speed car w a narrowed 8.8 w a spool from an f150.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

well, its been retired. literally, put out to pasture...

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Hood Tire

so the 8.8 was moved over to his wife's 70 nova bracket car to replace an 8.5, 4.11 w a spool which i was able to acquire and add to the parts pile and the to-do list.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Hood Tire
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

41 - 60 of 60 Posts