Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, first post on this website. I've recently purchased a 1976 Nova SS. It's a pretty interesting combination of options with the; SS w/ HD suspension, 350, 4 speed manual, wood-trim, pop-up windows, Canadian options package, console/buckets, etc.

Just found the build sheet in the back of the passenger side seat and had a few questions.

1. What is the option / options package; PKG 2-3-4-5-8-9-A?
2. What is the option; delete RR Emblem (delete rear emblem?)
3. Given the build sheet, is it possible to determine how many cars would have been similarly optioned? I do know less than 1% of these cars in 1976 were 4 speed manual cars.

As well, the car has been repainted at one point and the previous owner never put on the side fender decals. I was wondering if there was any dimensions that I could follow to get the placement right.

Picture of the build sheet (just copy and paste into browser):
imgur.com/a/UAV2Y4H

Thank you
-Craig

·
14,151 Posts
Welcome to the site, Craig. Are you in Canada? If so, where? Big country.

As you probably know, 1976 was the last year for the Super Sport Nova. Only 7400 built out of a total production of 335,000. The fact you have paperwork is a real bonus to prove it's a real SS, 4 speed, etc. Lots of bogus super sports running around from this era.

I have no idea what the answer is to your question #1. You are correct that #2 deletes the rear emblem that probably was on all 76s, except the SS.
There is no info that I know of to determine number of cars by option for 1976.

Below is a link to the 1976 Nova package on the GM Heritage site. Scroll down past the first page which is blank. Keep in mind this information is for U.S. market cars. There were some very minor differences in cars exported for sale in Canada.

https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/do...information-kits/Nova/1976-Chevrolet-Nova.pdf

Bob

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the site, Craig. Are you in Canada? If so, where? Big country.

As you probably know, 1976 was the last year for the Super Sport Nova. Only 7400 built out of a total production of 335,000. The fact you have paperwork is a real bonus to prove it's a real SS, 4 speed, etc. Lots of bogus super sports running around from this era.

I have no idea what the answer is to your question #1. You are correct that #2 deletes the rear emblem that probably was on all 76s, except the SS.
There is no info that I know of to determine number of cars by option for 1976.

Below is a link to the 1976 Nova package on the GM Heritage site. Scroll down past the first page which is blank. Keep in mind this information is for U.S. market cars. There were some very minor differences in cars exported for sale in Canada.

Bob
I'm in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. The car was originally sold in Weyburn SK. For being a SK car all of it's life, it's in fairly nice shape for it's age. By no means a show car, but a presentable driver.

Despite the production numbers being quite high on these vehicles, I rarely see 75-79s around here that aren't basket cases. The fellow that sold it to me has another 76 350 SS that's a green/white combo California car with an auto. He imported it and is putting it through a thorough restoration. Otherwise, I don't see too many around, I suppose not as many people saved or have restored these disco novas compared to the earlier generations.

I got the fender decals on and I'm in the process of fixing up a few little imperfections on the lower fender bottoms. Here's a picture of the car:
imgur.com/a/R2eNX9M

Thanks for the pointing me in the right direction with the GM heritage site.
-Craig

1 - 3 of 3 Posts