Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You spoke, I listened and ditched the gold American Racing wheels that he original owner put on in the 80's. Went with chrome 15 inch Cragar S/S and I think I preserved the classic look that I'm shooting for while still drastically improving the car. Thanks for everyone's help!

Last pic is with the old wheels.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Looks much better! But those pin stripes have got to go. They're disco-fabulous!

Kev

·
Registered
821 Posts
Wow, great job, those wheels are a huge improvement, and you know what? I think they are perfect with the stripes, they are a good complement and it looks period correct - I know your preference was to get rid of the stripes, but this really does work! I couldn't see the exaust tips in the prior pictures, and I now agree with you that those dual chrome tips should probably go - but I would avoid dumping them out the sides in any way, I'd almost angle cut the tips behind where the current tips are and keep them as hidden as possible. Last step? IMO, you should put about a 2 inch lowering on the whole car (front and rear), it would really pull it all together (it makes more of a difference than you think). Great Nova makeover, you did a nice job on it!!

·
Premium Member
6,365 Posts
IMO, you should put about a 2 inch lowering on the whole car (front and rear), it would really pull it all together (it makes more of a difference than you think). Great Nova makeover, you did a nice job on it!!
I agree but, it doesn't look like the rear wheel backspacing is enough to allow it without some major tire rubbing. It could just be the angle of the pictures but from what I see I won't work.

Either way it's a huge improvement:yes:

I'd give it 2 thumb's up:yes:

In fact, here ya go:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the positive feedback!

Siva64, yep those exhaust tips bother me a lot, so they're next. The car has Hedman headers to 2 1/2 pipes to no-name glaspacks to 2" tailpipes.

The plan is to install Flowmaster 40's to 2 1/2 inch tails. I'm trying to find the tailpipes off the shelf, but I may need a custom job or an entire sytem. I like the angle cut idea also!

What about dumping the pipes like this Ventura?

Thanks again- I'll be trying to squeeze a few more weeks of driving in before the weather turns for good up here in North Jersey!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Backspacing is 4.5 and so far so good. I'm gonna lose some air in the shocks this weekend to see if I can lower the tail down a little bit without rubbing.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Thanks for the positive feedback!

Siva64, yep those exhaust tips bother me a lot, so they're next. The car has Hedman headers to 2 1/2 pipes to no-name glaspacks to 2" tailpipes.

The plan is to install Flowmaster 40's to 2 1/2 inch tails. I'm trying to find the tailpipes off the shelf, but I may need a custom job or an entire sytem. I like the angle cut idea also!

What about dumping the pipes like this Ventura?

Thanks again- I'll be trying to squeeze a few more weeks of driving in before the weather turns for good up here in North Jersey!
I missed your question from this thread, so I wanted to get back to you - all JMO, but I had a friend who said it best when I quizzed him about exhaust tips (he built the cleanest, baddast cars around BTW) - he said exhaust "should be heard but not seen"!:devil: With the stripes going on, I would do everything you can to keep the car CLEAN, which means I would make the exhaust completely hidden from the outside (angle cut the tips behind the wheelwell so they can't be seen at all). Can't wait to see more pics, I still say lower it!:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts