Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could have gotten an updated receiver dryer and separate expansion valve like the later models but I wanted to keep it looking original and correct for 1975. I even kept the older hoses since they don't leak and look okay. The rebuilt VIR assembly was a little pricey and came from a Corvette parts supplier. Located the new ACDelco compressor no problem. Waiting for shipping at Covid speed was slow and when they arrived, boom, got the parts installed last Sunday. There were concessions to modern parts: the obvious 134a upgrade, and the high heat switch. The switch is no longer manufactured. The new one is a two wire version so I had to add a ground but I managed to tape it all together to keep the black harness original look. Props to Warren at Spot 28 Auto in Arcadia, CA for the expert installation. I wanted to put the old Frigidaire label on the new unit but it was too fragile.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I am in the process of removal on mine, but there are only a few pieces to remove, as the compressor was missing and the condensor was damaged.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been running it for a couple weeks now, so far so good. Still cold. One of of the small o-rings was missing from the new kit so it was reused. Two weeks and still holding. I think it will make it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts