Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm new here and a complete novice when it comes to working on cars. I just didn't grow up around it. Anyway my dad bought this 1975 Chevy nova brand new and this last year he gave it to me and it's my everday driver and I love her. Have had hardly any problems but I can't get any of the turn signals to work. The dash signals don't even come on. When I put the turn signal switch in the top or right position the turn signal in the front on the right gets brighter and stays on. Please if you could give some ideas, I've checked the bulbs and all of them seem to come on when I turn the lights on but they won't blink or signal that I'm turning. Like I said I'm also a real novice so it could be something simple but I don't wanna take it to a shop to spend hundreds when it was something small I could have done. Please if you have any ideas go into as much detail as you can. Anything will be helpful. Thanks so much guys.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
update

ok update. So i was reading through some other threads and saw where some other people said they replaced the flasher relays and so i decided to do that. now the signals in the front come on and blink when i flip turn signal switch or if i turn on hazards but the tail lights won't flash. i tried rewiring one of the tail lights because you can tell its been done before, and i can either get the tail light to blink or can get it to stay on but i can't get it to be able to do both. If i get it to blink when i turn turn signal off it just turns off no light. if i get it to where it stays on when the lights are on it won't blink when i turn switch on. Can anyone please help me figure this out? or does anyone have a color coded wire diagram for this 75 nova? Ive got a few blck wires, a couple brown, a light green, dark green, and a yellow, but have no idea what goes where when hooked up correctly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
duh

wow i feel stupid. I wasn't paying attention and i put single contact bulbs in both tail lights. no wonder i could only get one or the other to work. headed to the part store now to get double contact bulbs that should solve the rest of my problems. thanks so much for the advice. keep it simple.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.