Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1974 nova with a crate 350 v8. Bought it off a friend not running and now that it’s running and driving I need to pass inspection in MA. Need an all new exhaust headers back. Car have square ram horns on it now and it runs too hot and from sitting the flange has rotted out and is no good.

what exhaust system will fit the oval ports on the engine and bolt right up all the way back. Read some reviews of people’s not fitting properly and just want to know what you’re running. Want good clean sound with good power. Trying to stay under 250$ for the headers and 350$ for the exhaust back.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I put shorty headers on my wifies nova, but they needed a little help on drivers side. they are ss and I really like them,going to run 2.5 pipe. And I have about 250.00 in all of it. Thanks Doug!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Below is what I run on my 74 Nova. Fits pretty good... but you will need to do some "minor" modifications while installing this system (details below).
Headers (ceramic coated)
But to save some money on the headers, you could go with these (non-ceramic coated headers).

Dual Exhaust System (includes mufflers)
Note: You will need to make some "modified" exhaust hangers when installing the above exhaust system. See the link below for some additional tips when installing this system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Below is what I run on my 74 Nova. Fits pretty good... but you will need to do some modifications while installing this system (details below).
Headers (ceramic coated)
But to save some money on the headers, you could go with these (non-ceramic coated headers).

Note: You will need to make some "modified" exhaust hangers when installing the above exhaust system. See the link below for some additional tips when installing this system.
Thanks a ton! Was looking for hours and all I could find was short headers and long tube exhausts. Me not having a welder or pipe bender couldn’t make that work. I will look into this.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Thanks a ton! Was looking for hours and all I could find was short headers and long tube exhausts. Me not having a welder or pipe bender couldn’t make that work. I will look into this.
Glad to help.
P.S.... Welcome to the site!

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Awesome. Glad to hear of another Nova person in Mass. I left a '74 with what is now my ex-wife in Tucson when I moved back from there. Also left a '73 Vega GT. Had no way to get them up here.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Below is what I run on my 74 Nova. Fits pretty good... but you will need to do some "minor" modifications while installing this system (details below).
Headers (ceramic coated)

Hey Rifraf, do you know if this system will allow a rear sway bar? I have been eyeing it myself since it's such a smokin' deal. The Jegs equivalent states will not work with rear sway bar but the summit kit doesn't mention it in the info...

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Hey Rifraf, do you know if this system will allow a rear sway bar? I have been eyeing it myself since it's such a smokin' deal. The Jegs equivalent states will not work with rear sway bar but the summit kit doesn't mention it in the info...
Unfortunately... I do not have a rear sway bar on my Nova, so I do not know if the Summit exhaust system will allow the use of a rear sway bar. Maybe another member might be able to better respond.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
For headers summit used to have a set of ceremic coated for $250 dlvd and a full bolt on exhaust for 199 including mufflers. It has been awhile since I did these but I have done it on 3 of my novas and they work perfect.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts