Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1964 chevy II 2 door post
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Fellas, so I found a genuine barn find and need some help. What I've found (i have the option to purchase) is a 1974 numbers matching SS Nova. I'm not overly familiar with 3rd Fen Novas and would have no idea at what something like this would be worth. The shell is decent, good frame, all the parts and extras are with the car and the engine does turn. I know that if it turn I'll be able to get it running again. The guys is asking $7500 CAN. Is this a good deal or is he asking to much? I really don't know much about 3rd Gens at all. Any help is greatly appreciated...

Jeff,

Attachments

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
well i think that would be a bit over 5900.00 U.S. dollars. i'd think high a bit. also think barns, cars an mice. also i'm not sure but that maybe a 4th gen nova.

·
Registered
130 Posts
To me, decisions like this are deeply personal. Budget, time and energy are all obviously factors. I am b*lls deep in my own project. Having said that, any future cars I buy I will look over very closely and spend the money on to have mostly finished as time is a huge factor for me. If you have the time and energy then go for it. If you arent 100% in love with the car regardless of condition then I would pass.

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
Jeff, Interior stuff can be hard to find because the plastic pieces are mostly one year only. Some 73 stuff may fit. Can't tell from pictures how much work it needs. How much body work does it need? Paint work in my area is expensive. Price may be high but I have noticed these cars are bringing a bit more money now. If you can do a bunch of the work yourself that helps. Also how long has it been for sale?

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
Sorry it was duplicate posting. Don't know how to delete

·
Registered
1970 Nova SS 350 Brandon, MS
636 Posts
Price seems high to me for a 74 that may need total resto. As already said, barn storage can be very unkind to a car’s interior, wiring, and sheetmetal.
Also, the 74 SS had stripes and SS decals on the trunk lid, not the “Nova” emblem shown on this one. May need to verify the SS claim before making a decision.
Plan to have around $20k usd in this one before being presentable at a local car show.

·
Registered
1972 Nova
446 Posts
From my understanding, unless you have the original documents, there isn't a way to fully verify that the car is a true SS. I have a '73 parts car that was a black interior, bucket seats, 4 speed, and 4bbl 350, but no way to see if it was an SS or not.

·
14,655 Posts
I also question whether this is an SS. That trunk lid sure isn't. Was it sold new in Canada? If so, Call Vintage Services with the VIN and find out exactly what it is. Hard to give an opinion based on these photos, but looks like it needs just about everything. IMO, it's way over priced.

Bob

Reactions: Dirty Joe

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
@Jeff MackIntosh Brother, just because it was found in a barn, does not make it a "find"... You know what else is found in a barn? Yeah, ya wipe it from your boot... or let your cats after it... take your pick... I think you could find a better example elsewhere in less "state of needed repairs". Just my $0.02 CAN... LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts