Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all need help, i have a 1974 Nova Custom non a/c car i bought a new heater core and it is very different then the original one. The old one is brass and copper and bigger, the new one is all aluminum and the line connections will not fit thru the fire wall. I thought i might have a heater core for an a/c car so i bought one, everything is identical except the inlet and outlet lines are to far apart to go thru the holes in the firewall ! Any help would be appreciated !

Thanks

The first pic is: bottom right , came out of my car, left is what you get when you go to Advanced Auto Parts,Autozone,Classic Industries and NAPA, top was found at a radiator repair shop in Lancaster, thank GOD for buddies ! Still dont know why there is such a big difference.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Hard to say without pics, but it sure sounds like you have the wrong one, I've boughten 2 and both were very similar looking to the original and brass. I bought them at NAPA.:yes:

·
Registered
682 Posts
It should be pretty much identical to the original, you shouldn't have to bend or modify anything.

Hard to say without pics, but it sure sounds like you have the wrong one, I've boughten 2 and both were very similar looking to the original and brass. I bought them at NAPA.:yes:
I agree. I got mine from Year One a few years ago, and it was a perfect match to the factory piece. Looked and fit like stock.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone my neighbor found me an identical core dont how how he did it but i am very thankful as soon as i figure out how to post pictures i will show you what i was dealing with, hopefully it will help someone in the future .

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes 73 Ventura and it wouldnt work, the blower motor cover on the engine compartment firewall covered the inlet and outlet ports, i posted a couple of pics, im really confused on this !

·
Registered
442 Posts
Can you put up a picture of your fire wall with the blower motor cover. Sounds like you don't have a standard non ac blower motor cover.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts