Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a 73-'74 fan shroud. earlier ones may work too. just don't know. saw one on e-bay at $200. seemed a little high. any thoughts?
I'm new to site. is there a prats swap or advertise for members looking to swap or sell extra stuff?

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,850 Posts
"I'm new to site. is there a prats swap or advertise for members looking to swap or sell extra stuff?"

1st --- WELCOME to SNS , hope u like it here

2nd --- yes ... there is a swap / for sale area : scroll all the way down towards the BOTTOM of the "Forms or Sections page" ( Classified Adds ....... look around) .

and, to post in that section --- you need a certain number of total
"post" ..... I'm not sure ..... but, someone will 'chime-in'

jim

·
Registered
1974 Nova, 1977 Nova
2,057 Posts
Welcome!

There were 2 different fan shrouds for 73/74 with small block V8 engines. One is used with the standard radiator (which has a core that's approx 20" wide). The other is used with the heavy duty cooling option (which was standard with AC and used a core that's approx 23" wide). Neither one is being reproduced so finding a used one is the only option.

The earlier year ('69 - '72) small block V8 shrouds (which are reproduced) will fit the standard (20" core) 73/74 radiators. But you may have to change the fan blade to fit. I believe the '72 & earlier fans were about 18" diameter while the '73 & later ones are about 21".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts